• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty venting on Twitter

Darth Biscuit

Guest Dark Knight

Yup. Smitty pretty much was our offense there for a while.

It has been said otherwise, but I really think the money plays a factor in why we released him. 10 and 12 million due to him in 2015 and 16.

Cam has been the offense for 3 years.

It isn't 2005 anymore. Steve in no way shape or form was "the offense" last season.

Yes, I believe his demeanor was why he was released. Yes, Smitty was encouraged to change it last year. Hell, Smitty was probably encouraged to change it every year. But this season two new factors came in to play. Gettleman and Smith's decline in production. Throw those two new ingredients into the mix and the result was different this season.

Whispers of his release had been around months before in the media room. Kelli Bartick even asked about it back in January at a presser. Everyone dismissed it but she was on to something.

This is not to say I agree with his release. I am going to take a wait and see approach on that front.

I definitely think his release was handled poorly and Steve deserved much better.

Steve is probably my favorite Panther of all time. But for him to act like he didn't know anything of this was happening is a bit disingenuous. He may have misjudged his importance and untouchability (as did i) but that's on him.

I still don't see why this stance is outrageous or causes such backlash.

Also, ever wonder why I don't say more of what I hear? Well, go back and read. Any time I do its "prove this, prove that, bs" nonsense. Come spend a week with me on the field, in the media room, in the pressers. Have weekly communications with the pr guys and other behind the scenes types. You just hear things. Just like you would at any company water cooler.

I had a coffee with Voth this week and some of the things he said matched up perfectly with what I heard last season. So, this is the conclusion I have settled on. Believe it, or don't. :)

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

Very insightful and enlightening. I appreciate you taking the time and going in such depth with your response. I knew that you had to have more info on the topic. It was very nice to read your response. I definitely believe you, and thanks again.

it's a business line is trash, there are a slew of company's that have workers that have work 10+ years for them and were treated 10times better then smitty

And there are even a greater number of companies that give the employees they release/fire the corporate perp walk, i.e. here's a box for your personal items, give me your security card, you have 30 minutes to pack and leave while we watch you to make sure you don't steal anything.

But you're right... poor poor Smitty and the millions he was given while he was walking out the door.  Must have been tough.

And there are even a greater number of companies that give the employees they release/fire the corporate perp walk, i.e. here's a box for your personal items, give me your security card, you have 30 minutes to pack and leave while we watch you to make sure you don't steal anything.

But you're right... poor poor Smitty and the millions he was given while he was walking out the door. Must have been tough.

Weren't you trolling Steve Smith on twitter about this? Classy job of representing the fan base.

Archived