• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty venting on Twitter

Darth Biscuit

Smitty's axing surprised everyone. Zod included.

Yep. I didn't think his demeanor warranted his release, but obviously Gettleman did. But Smith can't act like it was a complete shock to him. He had a new boss and a heads up. Hurney could be walked over, Gettleman, not so much.

I'm still on team Gettleman. If he thinks it was the right move, I am on board. I just wished he handled it better. Smith deserved a better send off.

@89SteveSmith: @GrahamGano maybe... some places I'm special other places they just throw u out with the trash

Tweet has since been deleted

Smitty needs to man up,take the high road and get over his butt hurt. He is 2.5 millon dollars richer playing for the Ravens than he would be playing for us. I repeat 2.5 million richer. So Smitty ,you need to "Ice up Son". :)

Guest shitposting

Smitty needs to man up,take the high road and get over his butt hurt. He is 2.5 millon dollars richer playing for the Ravens than he would be playing for us. I repeat 2.5 million richer. So Smitty ,you need to "Ice up Son". :)

I think Smith said it himself that it wasn't about the money. He was already a rich man.

Yep. I didn't think his demeanor warranted his release, but obviously Gettleman did. But Smith can't act like it was a complete shock to him. He had a new boss and a heads up. Hurney could be walked over, Gettleman, not so much.

I'm still on team Gettleman. If he thinks it was the right move, I am on board. I just wished he handled it better. Smith deserved a better send off.

I hear you. I've always been on team Gettleman, but I think it was an ill-advised move. But, we'll get over it. I think it was a fuged up move in reference to how it was done.  

My language doesn't have to be as politically correct as yours.

I hear you. I've always been on team Gettleman, but I think it was an ill-advised move. But, we'll get over it. I think it was a fucked up move in reference to how it was done.  

My language doesn't have to be as politically correct as yours.

There were rumblings around the media room as far back as December about Smith not being around this year. One reporter even asked in a presser. Everyone brushed it off at the time, not taking it seriously. I guess they should have.

Oh stop it with the Smitty bashing nonsense. No one is doing that. It is a fact that he rubbed many players the wrong way and Gettleman decided it wasn't worth it. Doesn't make him any less of a great player. In fact, it's that attitude that everyone is his competition even his fellow WRs that made him such a great player.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

Ok show me some proof then smart guy, you should have tons of evidence as a insider............... Nope, nothing substantive just speculation and hearsay. So what if he ruffled some feathers, if it was something major we would have heard about it simple and plain. Some of you just want to find meanings to justify the cut to make yourselves feel better. A dumb move is a dumb and I don't want to hear Gettleman is a gm so he is "all knowing", how'd that work out for Hurney.

I would bet that G man learned a lot from this experience - he has admitted he has made mistakes in the past and is learning as he goes - I respect that, but as far as rreleasing Smith I believe he would do it over just handle it all better.  But you will probably never hear him say so nor any one else in the front office.  What Rivera said about it is as close as we are going to get.

To wish G man gets run out of town is to wish and hope that the Panthers suck balls for the next few years.  You are a Steve Smith fan not a Carolina Panthers fan.  You should head on over to the Ravens fan board now son.

Bingo...Well said. What the fug is wrong with some of these so called "Panther Fans"? You would think Gettleman had raped one of their family members, instead of being a GM that is trying to get us out of our present cap hell and field a winning team.

Geez,this immature and uncalled  Gettleman hate needs to stop and stop now. because it only serves to show how small the hater person really is.

Ok show me some proof then smart guy, you should have tons of evidence as a insider............... Nope, nothing substantive just speculation and hearsay. So what if he ruffled some feathers, if it was something major we would of heard about it simple and plain. Some of you just want to find meanings to justify the cut to make yourselves feel better. A dumb move is a dumb and I don't want to hear Gettleman is a gm so he is "all knowing", how'd that work out for Hurney.

You don't get it.

Enjoy the Ravens season.

We all have moved on.

Ok show me some proof then smart guy, you should have tons of evidence as a insider............... Nope, nothing substantive just speculation and hearsay. So what if he ruffled some feathers, if it was something major we would have heard about it simple and plain. Some of you just want to find meanings to justify the cut to make yourselves feel better. A dumb move is a dumb and I don't want to hear Gettleman is a gm so he is "all knowing", how'd that work out for Hurney.

Someone needs a nappy nap :-)

Archived