• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some veterans will be major cut bait next season.. holy crap.

thunderraiden

Will that many cap casualties be necessary between increased salary cap, rollover, and dead money coming off the books? We have like 107M committed to 2015 with an expected 140M cap. DWill is gone regardless of how much he saves us, but I'm not sure about the rest.

I think it was more perspective than prediction.

Gettleman has a plan, I don't feel like finding the article and linking it. But I remember someone, somewhere, quoted him saying something on the lines of, we are in cap hell pretty much until after the 2015 season or until 2015…

That was what he harped on right after the season ended and reiterated in Indy at the combine. He felt compelled to mention it yet again in his statement following Smith's release.

If you don't get it by now...

That was what he harped on right after the season ended and reiterated in Indy at the combine. He felt compelled to mention it yet again in his statement following Smith's release.

If you don't get it by now...

I swear he has be saying that since he got he GM position

I swear he has be saying that since he got he GM position

He has, but those are the most recent, specific incidents that I can recall.

What people need to know if that we 'could' create more space if needed, but it would have short term implications and he is looking at the bigger picture. He has young, stud, core guys he knows he wants to keep so suffering now will allow usto do that later.

Haha Man some of you are crazy if you think just because Hardy gets long deal CJ is gone after next season. Unless CJ get hurt big time this season. He want be cut. More likely thing to happen is his contact would get redone to lower his cap and extend him a few extra years. It would be dumb if DG release a solid producing 28 yr old. You just don't do that to one of best DE in the league. CJ, Khail, and TD both will be here in 2015 season. Trust me when I say they will. All 3 of them are to valueable pieces of this team.

Archived