• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints sign Champ Bailey

SCP

This thread alone tells me all i need to know about 'huddler's' football knowledge

Champ got out played by DRC during his last run and it wasnt even close. He's average at best right now.

Stick with madden guys, im sure Champs still decent there

This worries people?

Why do I always get the sense that people on this forum evaluate players based on game tape from five years ago?

5 years ago? Here is the PFF grade info

2010 was 3 out of 118 graded CBs

2011 was 18 out of 199

2012 was 10 out of 113

2013 was injured in August an played the whole year injured with just 5 regular season games earning a grade that put him about 62 out of 120, middle of the pack. Conversely, his +2.6 grade in AFC champ game against Brady is right back a the top 10% rank.

Also, Lewis is the #1 CB and Bailey will play alongside one the best safety tandems, so he won't be covering the other teams best guy. Saints have some young talent that A HOF CB can help bring along, guys like Corey White and recently signed CFL stampeder Derrius Brooks who has 4.3 speed.

Quote about Brooks:

The Saints have a good relationship with the Stampeders' assistant general manager John Murphy, who is based out of Metairie.

“(Brooks) has been a versatile defender for us and has exceptional speed,” said Murphy, who said five or six teams were interested in him. “He runs in the 4.3 range and showed the ability to man cover some of the best wide receivers in our league.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/tag/_/name/derrius-brooks

The ones talking down on this signing, calling him washed up, are the same ones you see praising our moves bringing in a washed up Harper and possible Decoud.

That saints def was great just like ours. They're gonna be tough next year. They're off is already great. After their offseason moves, their already good def will be better

The ones talking down on this signing, calling him washed up, are the same ones you see praising our moves bringing in a washed up Harper and possible Decoud.

That saints def was great just like ours. They're gonna be tough next year. They're off is already great. After their offseason moves, their already good def will be better

i saw maybe 3 people who thought Harper is decent.  out of all the teams in our division, it is easy to say we have done the least 

Archived