• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Wyche comments on NFLN this AM reg Dwill

SCP

Yeah this wasn't just in the observer or some poo.  I saw it on nfl.com and nfl network a few different times.  I'm sure it was everywhere else too.  Riverboat needs to knock this poo out.  Funny how all of our old favorites are becoming the bad guys.  They had their chance.  We didn't win and now they are being replaced.

I would think Gettleman is pleased with D-Will after D-Will agreed to the following pay cuts:

2013 Restructure

Converted $4M into "signing bonus"

Reduced base from $4.75M to $850k

Reduced Workout Bonus from $250k to $150k

Added 2016-17 dummy years

2014 Restructure

Reduced base from $5.75M to $1.85M

Reduced workout bonus from $250k to $150k

2015 Restructure

Reduced base from $6.75M to $1.85M

Added a $1 million Option Bonus

as for people thinking D-Will "called out" the FO by saying it's shocking and unbelievable to see all 4 top WRs let go in one off-season (has any team in history ever done anything close to that before????) and saying doing that puts a lot of pressure on the FO to both find replacements and to assume responsibility for doing something so outside-of-the-box/drastic... Gentleman agrees with D-Will on all that. D-Will didn't say whether he agrees or disagrees with Gettleman letting go / replacing our top 4 WRs, he just said it's shocking/unbelievable (took huge balls) and that it puts more pressure on the front office than taking the easy way out (everybody respects someone who decides not to take the easy way out)

Yeah I just didn't think the comments were that bad.

I don't believe he gets released...but you never know.

We get $0 benefit from cutting Stewart but like $1.5M if we cut Deangelo. DWill is still our best option with Stewart's injury concerns and I don't think we are counting on Barner or Tolbert to be an everydown back.

So maybe snag a new starter in the 3rd or 4th and cut DWill or just pray that Stewart makes it through a full season

Over kill.

Williams is bitter--maybe he was not smart enough to hide it.  However, I agree with Wyche and I also agree that I can find a hungry stud RB who plays much cheaper in the sixth round.

I think, when you go public and criticize the front office, the writing is not only on the wall, it is on your tombstone.

I think D-will is in fantasy land and still thinks he has some type leverage when it comes to whatever his role is with this team. If I was him, I'd keep quiet and enjoy my $$$. I am not sure any team will pay him the kinda contract we gave him at thi point in his career. Ciriticizing management when your future is uncertain is either self-sabotage or plain dumb

Steve Wyche brought up an interesting point this morning after saying he thought the Panthers would be OK. His question was regarding the locker room and Deangelo's comment. To paraphrase: "If the Panthers start out slow like, 1-3, will they be able to overcome like last year or will Dwill's comments bubble to the top and start to permeate the locker room?" This animosity could be dangerous.

The problem is Deangelo isn't the only player that feels that way. Lose and it's going to get ugly

For many Panthers this is uncharted territory.  Under the old regime it was keep everyone happy.and be mediocre.  Under Gettleman it is different and it is taking folks some time to understand the new NFL and new way to do things.  He, like others, will be fine by the time the season starts.  Or he will be gone as well.  It is up to him to adapt.

I would think Gettleman is pleased with D-Will after D-Will agreed to the following pay cuts:

2013 Restructure

Converted $4M into "signing bonus"

Reduced base from $4.75M to $850k

Reduced Workout Bonus from $250k to $150k

Added 2016-17 dummy years

2014 Restructure

Reduced base from $5.75M to $1.85M

2015 Restructure

Reduced base from $6.75M to $1.85M

Added a $1 million Option Bonus

as for people thinking D-Will "called out" the FO by saying it's shocking and unbelievable to see all 4 top WRs let go in one off-season (has any team in history ever done anything close to that before????) and saying doing that puts a lot of pressure on the FO to both find replacements and to assume responsibility for doing something so outside-of-the-box/drastic... Gentleman agrees with D-Will on all that. D-Will didn't say whether he agrees or disagrees with Gettleman letting go / replacing our top 4 WRs, he just said it's shocking/unbelievable (took huge balls) and that it puts more pressure on the front office than taking the easy way out (everybody respects someone who decides not to take the easy way out)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/22515049/tom-brady-could-be-without-top-5-receivers-from-last-season

The Pats lost their top 5 receiving targets last year (although in fairness only 3 of those were voluntary: Welker, Lloyd, Woodhead. Hernandez went to jail and Gronk was injured.). 

Also Bill Belichick replaced them with rookies, scrubs, and the never healthy Amendola. I don't remember hearing any Pats players bitchin'.

Archived