• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nfl dumb asses say Tampa will win the division bc of their superior defense

Panthers8969

Damn that, those days are over. We're the poo, and I want everybody that plays us to know it. 

"we play better as the underdogs" is a vestige of the hurney days when we were always underdogs because we fuging sucked ass because hurney was a dumber than a bag of hammers, so when we won the occasional game it felt goooooood and we got to play that coveted role. but ultimately we were just a bunch of pissant losers.

good teams are not under the radar or underdogs, they play well and they win games and everyone knows it. that's what we need to be, not underdogs.

Btw here are NFL.com's 2013 predictions

Burke:

1. Atlanta Falcons
2. New Orleans Saints
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
4. Carolina Panthers

Farrar:

1. New Orleans Saints
2. Atlanta Falcons
3. Carolina Panthers
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Our Def will be number 1 this year.  Our secondary is upgraded and some of our young guys had a chance to get some great experience.  Come on with this front seven and their backups anyone playing the secondary can look like a beast.  Will be interesting.  Tampa will be a lot better then most think with lovie there now.  McCown knows how to play.  This year will be tough but we have the solid Def to do it.  KEEP POUNDING!

When Rivera was in Chicago (DYPG) -

2005: 2nd

2006: 5th

After he left:

2007: 28th (SD was 19th this year)

2008: 12th (SD in Rivera's first year as DC was 8th)

2009: 16th (SD was 17th)

2010: 24th (SD was 32nd!?)

So it looks like Lovie wasn't likely the genius behind Bears D, but wow, I could have sworn SD defense was better than that before Rivera came here.

When Rivera was in Chicago (DYPG) -

2005: 2nd

2006: 5th

After he left:

2007: 28th (SD was 19th this year)

2008: 12th (SD in Rivera's first year as DC was 8th)

2009: 16th (SD was 17th)

2010: 24th (SD was 32nd!?)

So it looks like Lovie wasn't likely the genius behind Bears D, but wow, I could have sworn SD defense was better than that before Rivera came here.

You're looking at the Chargers chart backwards. They were 32nd in YPG as in 32nd most yards. As in, they gave up the fewest yards in the league. They were the #1 defense.

"we play better as the underdogs" is a vestige of the hurney days when we were always underdogs because we fuging sucked ass because hurney was a dumber than a bag of hammers, so when we won the occasional game it felt goooooood and we got to play that coveted role. but ultimately we were just a bunch of pissant losers.

good teams are not under the radar or underdogs, they play well and they win games and everyone knows it. that's what we need to be, not underdogs.

amen.

i hated being the underdog for that very reason. being it for a short period of time is acceptable, but to be perinnial underdogs? no thanks. it means that people don't expect you to win and there's usually a good reason for it...you don't.

i have wanted this team to overcome that expectation this team hasand climb their way to the top of the hill and claim it as their, daring any challengers to try and climb up that hill and take it from us.

right now in the nfcs, we are king of the hill. it's about time we made that happen and now its time to man up, own it, and  protect it.

Archived