• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Gettleman: You can't coach 6-5, 240.

cavic7585

One of the things I took away from that video was Gettleman was really high on OBJ. At first he mentioned there was another guy they wanted and thought might be there but wasn't, I immediately thought OBJ.  Then he said multiple times OBJ was the only receiver in the draft that you have no worries about and ran the whole route tree in college.

There's a chance that we join Seattle as the only secondary that has starters at each position over six feet tall.

Hell, only nine of the players on the Panthers roster are under six fee tall.

Not to mention the fact that we don't have an offensive linemen that ways under 300 lbs.

Or the fact that there is only one receiver (Kealoha Pilares) on the roster that isn't at least six feet tall. Hell, even our slot receiver (Jason Avant) is six foot tall.

I'm starting to finally understand DG's philosophy... get bigger so you can beat the sh*t out of them.

There's a chance that we join Seattle as the only secondary that has starters at each position over six feet tall.

Hell, only nine of the players on the Panthers roster are under six fee tall.

Not to mention the fact that we don't have an offensive linemen that ways under 300 lbs.

Or the fact that there is only one receiver (Kealoha Pilares) on the roster that isn't at least six feet tall. Hell, even our slot receiver (Jason Avant) is six foot tall.

I'm starting to finally understand DG's philosophy... get bigger so you can beat the sh*t out of them.

Earl Thomas who is arguably the best member of the seahawks secondary is 5ft 10.

But other than that i agree

One of the things I took away from that video was Gettleman was really high on OBJ. At first he mentioned there was another guy they wanted and thought might be there but wasn't, I immediately thought OBJ.  Then he said multiple times OBJ was the only receiver in the draft that you have no worries about and ran the whole route tree in college.

I'm not so sure... OBJ was not going to be there for us and I'm pretty sure he knew that.  He only said that he's the only receiver you have no worries about as a route runner. I'm fairly positive he believes that OBJ's ceiling is low and he has little room for improvement, whereas KB can keep improving and improving and has a higher upside. And I also believe that Gettleman really wanted size at WR, and a red zone target. I have a feeling the guy they wanted was Ju'Wuan James or one of the secondary prospects.

I love listening to DG say Yards.... "Yahds" lol its just entertaining.

These guys feel they've made the best choice possible, and I'm behind them!

Now, move'n on to the Oline I hope. But, who knows what the future holds...

#KeepPounding

He's applied the hog-mollie philosophy to all positions..

I was just looking at his signings over the off-season and every one of them is bigger than the average sized player for their position.

yep, he didn't sign one free agent under 6 ft.

Archived