• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A look into the future

rodeo

The year 2016.

Cam Newton is 28 years old, a 5 year veteran entering the time in his career when athleticism and experience intersect in their primes.

Kelvin Benjamin is entering his 3rd year as our #1 WR, having learned the fine points of the game under Ricky Proehl and has developed chemistry with Cam.

We are out from under Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart's contracts.

Kony Ealy is entering his 3rd year and has been molded in the same form that Rivera and Washington molded the Kraken, which has allowed us to climb out from under one or both of our current DE's contracts.

Luke Keuchly is 25 years old with 4 years of experience anchoring our defense.

Star Lotulolei and KK Short have continued to progress with 2 more seasons of experience.

The young guys on the roster have either sank or swam. Melvin White, Tre Boston, Tavarres King, Marvin McNutt, Bene Benwikere have all either performed well and earned a roster spot, or have been cut.

Kugbilla has seen the field and he and Silatolu, Turner, Chandler, and whomever else makes the squad have a few more years of experience together.

We've continued to patiently and quietly build the roster via BPA in the draft while filling holes temporarily in free agency until they can be filled permanently upon having enough cap room.

And now we have enough cap room.

The year 2016.

Cam Newton is 28 years old, a 5 year veteran entering the time in his career when athleticism and experience intersect in their primes.

Kelvin Benjamin is entering his 3rd year as our #1 WR, having learned the fine points of the game under Ricky Proehl and has developed chemistry with Cam.

Kony Ealy is entering his 3rd year and has been molded in the same form that Rivera and Washington molded the Kraken, which has allowed us to climb out from under one or both of our current DE's contracts.

Star Lotulolei and KK Short have continued to progress with 2 more seasons of experience.

The young guys on the roster have either sank or swam. Melvin White, Tre Boston, Tavarres King, Marvin McNutt, Bene Benwikere have all either performed well and earned a roster spot, or have been cut.

Kugbilla has seen the field and he and Silatolu, Turner, Chandler, and whomever else makes the squad have a few more years of experience together.

We've continued to patiently and quietly build the roster via BPA in the draft while filling holes temporarily in free agency until they can be filled permanently upon having enough cap room.

Is that you Gettleman?

Mark me down as a believer of this regime and managment.

I love the philosophy across the board. My kind of football.

Im sorry its not some's style and being extremly worried we do not have a proven LT is justified, but i really do have a hunch that gettleman knows what he has there. If bell or my favorite, chandler pan out at LT, then im gunna invite most of you to my place. Ill be cooking crow

And the Panthers fans continue the call a #2 WR?

Fast forward to 2027.  With 13 loyal seasons under his belt, battling triple teams his entire career, and wanting to retire a Panther Kelvin Benjamin is unceremoniously cut by and called a distraction with his constant pleading for a #2 receiver. The Panthers draft a receiver to be #1 with no #2 in sight. Got to love the Panthers front office!

The year 2016.

...to resign Cam and Luke. Dunno how much is gonna be left over. It sucks we're essentially going to miss out on having the extra cap space from Cams rookie deal like the Seahawks did with Wilson due to all of Hurney's stupid contracts.

I'm confident that the cap situation and overall team talent will be better in 2016, but still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived