• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy Arrested

His girlfriend doesn't look like she could do much damage to him...

http://web.stagram.com/n/itsmeeenicki

If they are in an argument and she gets all batshit girl crazy and runs at him...if he puts his hands on her, that's it. That's all she has to do is call the police and say that this massive man put his hands on me. You are going to jail dude. Now, I'm not slut shaming this girl and if Hardy legit beat her up, Kraken may have made that contract decision pretty easy for the Panthers..but like I said there's two sides to every story 

As things stand right now, we probably should have let Hardy walk, and brought in Jared Allen or perhaps even Michael Johnson.  We would have still drafted Ealy, and he would have the opportunity to learn behind Allen and CJ.  As things stand now, this is just a bad situation all around.  Yeah, we could have used that money we spent on Hardy to bring in an OT and on other areas.  If Gettleman were really a psychic, he would have let Hardy walk hehe.

When I was in the Army, we were told that if we got into an argument with our SO & in even hinted at turning violent, we should lock ourselves in a room, call one of our buddies to come over, then call the cops. Stay in the room (& on the phone with the 9/11 operator) until everyone got there so you'd have witnesses that you hadn't done anything.

Easier today with cell phones being so widespread but a good idea, since it removes you from a chance at losing your temper at the least.

I love all the white knights chiming in, "You should never hit a woman". I wonder if it keeps them up at night that I shot a woman in the face? Sure it was a Iraq and she was a suicide bomber but according to their logic i shouldn't have used any violence against her

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

• Pie 2

What did he do last off season?

He skipped some workouts and lost 10% of his salary. That's not the worst thing he's ever done, but it does make you think about committing guaranteed money to him. The Panthers paid him over a million dollars of his 2014 salary already just to make sure he shows up this year.

He was going to fight Ray Edwards but I think the Panthers put a stop to that.

Obviously domestic violence, speeding, wrecking on a motor cycle are worse. 2013 was very tame for him.

He skipped some workouts and lost 10% of his salary. That's not the worst thing he's ever done, but it does make you think about committing guaranteed money to him. The Panthers paid him over a million dollars of his 2014 salary already just to make sure he shows up this year.

Obviously domestic violence, speeding, wrecking on a motor cycle are worse. 2013 was very tame for him.

Perhaps with all those things, the Panthers should have just let him walk.  We know we're going to pay Cam a hefty contract just for being a QB.  We're going to pay Luke in two years, and so forth.  We can't afford to spend money on guys that have possible issues.  So this situation for me just brings back up the conversations all of us were having before we franchised Hardy.

He wasn't arrested in any of those previous off seasons.

I'm a little confused about all these references I'm seeing on this board and in articles on websites to multiple problems with Hardy.  This is the first time he's been in trouble as far as I know.  Yea he got into a motorcycle accident once and (in a separate instance) posted some pictures of alcoholic beverages or whatever, but he's never done anything wrong or gotten in trouble.  I don't see where this phantom "pattern" or "history" is coming from.  He's been a completely upstanding and headache free player since being here.  This is strike 1, not 2 or 3 or whatever.  Assuming this issue is resolved without him going to jail or it being the worst case scenario it's not enough for him to get cut or not attempt to resign him or anything.  All this conjecture is ridiculous.

so? he posted a pic of his speedometer on twitter of him going some ridiculous speed. thats stupid and reckless. public opinion does not correlate with innocent until proven guilty. 

If doing something stupid and posting a picture of it were a crime, half of the people on twitter would be in jail right now.