• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What if we got lucky?

It won't matter how healthy he is if our O-Line can't hold their blocks.

Stewart like Tolbert takes time to get going and by the time they get to the hole, it's usually closed.

It's not their fault, it's just a serious problem we have with our O-Line. They can't hold their blocks long enough for our backs to hit the hole.

Having Silatolu back and adding Turner will help but at the end of the day one is coming off of an injury and the other is a rookie. It could take at least til' week five before both of them are caught up physically mentally, and in Turner's case experience also plays a major role.

Not to mention the fact that we have the worst tandem of tackle's in the league.

It's not Stewart's, Tolbert's, or William's fault; it's just the way the cookie crumbles.

We have had a good run game with or without Stewart.  He is not the linchpin as much as the offensive line actually are the issue..  The fact our backs are so good running after initial contact is because they have had to do that often getting hit in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage.

Must have missed some thing, seems like the folks we do have on the OL are road graders, pass blocking is suspect.  If we believe in the old adage

Defense wins Championships and you run to pass then perhaps maybe we might win a few games..  Depends on who you talk to and I can see the plan and I sure hope it works as good as I think it will

It won't matter how healthy he is if our O-Line can't hold their blocks.

Stewart like Tolbert takes time to get going and by the time they get to the hole, it's usually closed.

It's not their fault, it's just a serious problem we have with our O-Line. They can't hold their blocks long enough for our backs to hit the hole.

Having Silatolu back and adding Turner will help but at the end of the day one is coming off of an injury and the other is a rookie. It could take at least til' week five before both of them are caught up physically mentally, and in Turner's case experience also plays a major role.

Not to mention the fact that we have the worst tandem of tackle's in the league.

It's not Stewart's, Tolbert's, or William's fault; it's just the way the cookie crumbles.

While I understand the sentiment, but it seems like you have already come to the conclusion that the OTs will have feet stuck in cement. I am not saying they will be all world but the coaches and GM stuck with these guys so it's worth letting them get a fair chance before saying that they can't hold their blocks. Never seen Bell at LT so lets get through a snap or two prior to passing judgement.

While I understand the sentiment, but it seems like you have already come to the conclusion that the OTs will have feet stuck in cement. I am not saying they will be all world but the coaches and GM stuck with these guys so it's worth letting them get a fair chance before saying that they can't hold their blocks. Never seen Bell at LT so lets get through a snap or two prior to passing judgement.

They deserve their shot, I agree... but it's common knowledge that both are probably not long term answers for the success of this team we probably shouldn't treat them as such. You can only give a guy so many shots until you realize it's not going to work out.

I will say that Bell is more than capable back-up.

As for Chandler, the jury is still out on him. He's severely struggled at times and he's been positively good at others. I withhold judgement on Nate until more film is present.

No one expects Stewart to be healthy and contribute anymore. What if he does stay healthy and we actually have a good run game this year?

A man can dream right?

that wouldn't be lucky.

Just cause the masses write him off, doesn't mean he's even.close to being done.

People talk like he's been injured his whole career,when in reality it's only been the last two seasons that he's missed significant play time.

Before then he missed less time than d. Williams- fact.

He's still young. Before the bad tackle that took him out the last time (that poor tackle would have taken any rb out) he was running very well.

I expected him to get healthy for this season.

He is ready to play now.

So there isn't any "getting lucky".

I do wish more fans would pray for a healthy season from the most injured position in the entire NFL.

Instead we have iduits chirping he's done, and sucks, even through those are both lies.

Back when both DWill & Stew topped 1100yds, they were asked who the best back in the league was. "Brad Hoover" was their answer, the man that created the holes. As much as I love some Tolbert, he is more used as a utility back than a straight fullback. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I see. Fiametta was supposed to be Hoov's replacement, but yeah...

I can see where the op is comin from, Stew stays healthy, DWill, Toldozer & Cam all do their thing... Could be a rushing attack like never before.. I do appreciate the optimism, hopefully we can get close to this group reaching their potential. They've all had time to heal, make it fuggin happen....

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived