• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan Fest Update

Jeremy Igo

Historically, Fan Fest has always taken place well into the start of training camp. Not this year.

The Carolina Panthers are having their annual Fan Fest at the start of training camp this year. On July 25, the Panthers will open their doors to thousands of rabid Panthers fans.

The Panthers are anxious to unveil their awesome new stadium upgrades to Panthers fans.

Fans will see new scoreboard/video boards, 360-degree ribbons boards and hear the new sound system. The boards, which dwarf the previous video screens, will provide a much more enjoyable visual experience during the games. The sound system, which we learned from Vinny Esposito in the Huddle Podcast Episode 2, will feature an ability to "move sound around the stadium".

The Panthers will practice, but whether or not they will be in full pads is unclear. In all probability, you can expect highly entertaining drills such as 7 on 7 and WR/DB match ups. This will provide plenty of excitement for the fans and their quest to quench their football thirst.

The reason for moving Fan Fest to the start of camp is simple, the Carolina Panthers wanted their own fans to be the first to witness the new stadium upgrades. On August 2, there is a Guinness International Championship soccer match scheduled between Milan and Liverpool, whose fans will also enjoy the new upgrades. So, the date has been moved up and now Panthers fans, not soccer fans, will be the first to see the new diggs. Smart move.

Fan Fest will take place July 25 at 6:30pm at Bank of America Stadium. Admission is free, but there will be a charge for parking around the various lots. Historically, parking has run 5 to 10 dollars depending on the proximity to the stadium. The South side of the stadium fills up quickly as more shade is available there. North seats will be in full sun for the start of practice.

Autographs are signed after practice. Make your way down to the bottom of the seating where players will be walking around the stadium and signing whatever fans bring. I have noticed in the past that those closest to the south tunnel have the highest chance of getting something signed.

Click here to view the article

• Pie 8

Thank you for the update! And yes, the video boards look incredible. Can't wait to get my butt in a seat early that day. I am sensing I may be getting a headache that will cause me to leave work early. Hmm....

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

• Pie 3

Still no official announcement on when they will be reporting to TC in SC, or their practice schedule I guess huh? *sigh*

I have heard 2-3 different things, and I just want to set up my dang reservations for TC! LOL

I cant' wait to see the new diggs tho. from what I've seen while walking around the stadium a few times, it's just going to be awesome!!!

Voth said the players will be there but they won't practice... can't link right now, check the B&B review.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Not what I am hearing. Its vague, I don't think it will be a traditional practice, but there will be some football to watch.

You guys can take this with a grain of salt obviously (I certainly did) but during a stadium tour I was on last week with my boys the guide told the group that the whole idea of this fan fest was Cam's.  She said that because of the soccer game they were going to cancel fan fest altogether (which they have essentially done), BUT Cam stepped up and suggested that we "Put on a show" for the fans.

Now I'm sure you will say that the tour guide is just pumping up Cam but I'll be honest, I didn't get the vibe that she even liked Cam.  A few things she said about him and stories she told made it seem like he rubbed her the wrong way or something.  Not that I care about her opinion but it made me feel that this wasn't just some PR tour guide thing.  She also mentioned, begrudgingly, that this idea for fan fest was probably the first "Captain-like thing he's done since he's been here."  See what I mean?

Anyway, I thought it was cool that he stepped up and assured that the fans would have something to cheer about, if it's true.  Like I said, grain of salt.

I'm sure she liked Jake a lot more.

She actually was infatuated with Joe Namath...go figure.  She did know her Panthers info though.  I never have heard this but she said the reason the NFL logo is at midfield is not bc JR played in the NFL like I thought but bc the Panthers were the only team ever to be voted unanimously into the league.  So JR puts it there to thank the NFL for giving Charlotte a team.  Sounded cool...she also said that he is extremely adamant that the shield wouldn't be moving anytime soon.

I also asked about the black in the end zones and she said they finally found a paint that didn't kill the grass.  Thought that was cool.

And finally, she said the new double ribbons they added around the stadium will post advertisements, game stats, and league news, and that they are the largest banners in the US.

There you go, that's as good as it gets in the offseason.

Edited by firstdayfan
  • Pie 2

IMO, they should NOT have scheduled a soccer game around the time FanFest usually happens. I'm glad they're at least having something. It will mean a late night drive back home, though. Don't like driving at night so much anymore since I have gotten older.