• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sneaky wife interrogation tactics

cardiackat88.

So I have not "been out" in years.

We have three children and I have no interest in club hopping.

I am on a business trip and my coworkers have been cranking it out almost every night. They have invited everyone, and I said I would ask my wife.

I asked her last night, and she said it was ok. I am DDing and I am going to be home at a decent hour, I love my sleep.

Five minutes before I walk out the door I am hot with a flurry of texts: "When are you leaving?" "Why a Wednesday?" "I'm not happy with this at all." "Where are you really going?" "What kid of bar doesn't open until 8?"

Anyone else faced this barrage before?

I feel like "married man" and predict I will be on the phone with her all night blowing me up.

It just irritates me she had no problems with it last night but tonight she says she's super upset.

Any advice wise ones?

I truly have intentions of just being DD and just tagging along with co workers.

maybe she just feels she is stuck while you go and have a good time. Compromise and ask her out on a date for when you get back . Then she will feel better about you getting to go out.That always worked with my first wife.

I'm not necessarily gonna disagree with the others but I do think there is another possible reason - she really doesn't care but you did something else that irritated her between last night and tonight and now she's just pissed at you or potentially just slightly annoyed. She still doesn't really care about you going out, trusts you and all that, and isnt consciously trying to be vindictive, but somewhere in the depths of her being she just wants to pick a fight.

Oh we're talking about your wife and not mine? Mah bad.

Ding ding ding ding I think we have a winner

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

no.

Never take the advice of a man with more exes than toes

You gotta problem with me and 4 ex-wives?

I'll have you know that I safely, prudently and skillfully negotiated my way through every one of those divorces. I had all settlements successfully and completely satisfied by 1995 (before I was 40). I still have all of my pensions, just about all my personal property, gave away one San Diego home and am living an extremely comfortable and happy life.  

eh, I've never been married, so my advice may be worthless, but I'd talk to her.  Don't be accusatory or defensive, just try to explain you're confused 'cause she said it was okay previously but seems not OK now and you just want to work it out.

The pick a fight thing can be there. But it usually stems from some dangling loose end from a LOOOOONG time ago.

My advice to single men is marry a woman with long legs and a short memory.

I want a girl with a short skirt and a looonnnggg Jacket...

My wife has worked for a pair of large insurance companies. At these companies, 'business trip' means 'all the married folk get drunk and screw someone new

i bartend for these things several times a year… i can attest to it personally

i bartend for these things several times a year… i can attest to it personally

I was in Dallas about 2 wks ago for 3 or 4 days. I would go down to the hotel bar and watch World Cup or the College baseball world series.

Each night was like a jamming party. I would sit down and just lock in on the tv and became good friends the bartender from Colombia.

Each time a woman sat down, I don't care how she looked, the other guys were like vultures and using every old pick up line in the book. I just laughed and kept to myself.

The only problem is I became the most interesting man at the bar and I had to do some navigating thru some convo's and slide away from the drama.

One of the main reasons I prefer not to travel for biz. Not saying I'm all that but I have a magnet for The Hangover like nights from back in the day.

Archived