• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LEBRON TO CLEVELAND! (OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED)

bLACKpANTHER

Cleveland hasn't been to the playoffs since he left and one of those number ones is a bust who might get traded away with the other number one Wiggins for a guy who has never been to the playoffs in Love. He's also got a coach that has never been in the NBA.

This is hardly walking into the Heat in 2010 and the letter acknowledges that. Clippers, Bulls, and Suns all would have been better teams to go to. I want to still beat the guy but props to him for making things right.

Most importantly, this is great for the Hornets. The southeast is wiiiiiiide open.

It is more about having a roster full of assets which those other teams don't have. No one else would be able to sign Lebron and at the same time talk about trading for kevin love. Smells like another big 3 to me.

It is more about having a roster full of assets which those other teams don't have. No one else would be able to sign Lebron and at the same time talk about trading for kevin love. Smells like another big 3 to me.

...thats because many other teams (clips, bulls, suns, rockets) wouldn't need to trade for love since they are not only already winning teams, but already have 2 stars in place.

Fair, but what little depth the Cavs had beforehand went away to first clear space for the max deal and now to trade for love. They're going to need to mortgage a lot and don't be surprised to see growing pains similar to the first Miami season. They are far from a lock to win it all, though they're a heck of a lot closer.

the Heat are indebted to Wade, long-term. If they don't bring him back on a very comfortable deal, Riley will lose a lot of credibility with players.

But I think they hit the reset button other than that, unless they somehow manage to hold onto Bosh.

I bet Wade is kinda pissed off now if LeBron and Bosh both walk. As let's face it, he isn't going to get the same money as he left on the table by opting out.

I wonder if Wade would be tempted to move to Chicago if they don't sign Melo? It's his hometown and he'd get to be a piece on a contender, whereas if he returns to Miami he will likely be a piece on a rebuilding team. Is Wade the type of guy to use his last few productive years helping rebuild Miami, or will he get bored and want out? I'm not convinced he's the same type of guy as a Jameer Nelson who happily helped the Orlando Magic during the past two seasons, and would likely have continued for the remainder of his deal. I think Wade could bolt if he doesn't see Riley put together a competitive roster.

I bet Wade is kinda pissed off now if LeBron and Bosh both walk. As let's face it, he isn't going to get the same money as he left on the table by opting out.

I wonder if Wade would be tempted to move to Chicago if they don't sign Melo? It's his hometown and he'd get to be a piece on a contender, whereas if he returns to Miami he will likely be a piece on a rebuilding team. Is Wade the type of guy to use his last few productive years helping rebuild Miami, or will he get bored and want out? I'm not convinced he's the same type of guy as a Jameer Nelson who happily helped the Orlando Magic during the past two seasons, and would likely have continued for the remainder of his deal. I think Wade could bolt if he doesn't see Riley put together a competitive roster.

Wade has already been on rebuilding teams twice. No way he leaves Miami.

Miami pays Wade a lot of money... no doubt about it. The guy opted out of the contract to put the team first, and I know Riley and company appreciated that.

It will be a nice THANK YOU contract, not for what he can do for them but for what he's already done. It's like Kobe signing that two year extension with the Lakers at $25/m a season. The Lakers weren't building for the future with that sign, but building for now.

Yet, Wade like Kobe needs to be stacked with talent around him to win (Lebron or Shaq) and at his age, they aren't going to find many suitors wanting to join Wade. They will give him a nice 2-3 year deal, thank him for his services, and move on. People saw in the playoffs this year, that Lebron had to take over and Wade offered little help.

I really don't think the Heat could have done anything to keep Lebron in South Beach. I think when he first came there, he was a young player desperate to win and now that he's won, and gotten that off his chest, he can return home and play out his career in front of those he grew up with.

Like I said before, home is where the heart is. I just wish a certain play felt that same way! :)

1_123125_123019_2207910_2212652_2213549_

LoL at everyone praising LeBron for going back to Cleveland...

Miami was finished & Cleveland is the most stacked young team in the league. How honorable of LeBron to go sign a maximum contract with a team loaded with potential superstars!

I actually agree with that.  Miami just got blasted and it's obviously Wade is on his last leg.  You have Cleveland that somehow got all those 1st round picks (obviously rigged) and now he gets to go back to a team with young talent that is about to trade for Kevin Love.  It was an EASY decision that anyone would make.  It's not like Cleveland has scrubs and Lebron is going back to help rebuild.

Archived