• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pats claim RB Tyler Gaffney off waivers

UNCrules2187

That is why they win year in and year out even though I hate them you have to respect that part of their organization.

If you had a high character and high potential role player staring you in the face with no previous injury history, would you grab him and put him away for the future? Hell yeah.

If you had that player in your hands, and looked to your competitors and said, "I really like the kid. Does anyone want him?" Wouldn't that be a really idiotic move?

Gettleman better have a 53 man roster riddled with talent and not a sole on that 53 man roster that is average/expendable. Otherwise, this is a horrible move.

Gettlemagic! It is all an illusion! *poof*

giphy.gif

I love how upset you're getting and bashing everything Gettleman ha done

Over a 6th round draft pick

Who was out for the season anyway

For doing what any of the other 31 GMs would've done.

Amazing

You do realize the Pats are going to have to put him on waivers as well and we can just claim him back. Theres no way they keep an injured rb on the 53 man roster. Correct me if im wrong but thats the only way they could keep him without subjecting him to waivers

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

These are my thoughts too. If they carry him on the 53 I will be flabbergasted. But they have to do the same thing we just did if they don't right?

I will laugh if we claim him back

I liked the draft pick, but can't possibly see how any of you are this mad over an injured 6th round draft pick.

It's like I'm sitting in BK and I'm sporting a superfly BK paper crown when along comes a dude, he snatches it off my head, and slings it on the ground. Now there may not be a law against throwing a man's BK crown on the ground.....and yes it is "just" a paper crown that I got for free....and yes, I wasn't injured at all, and yes I may have looked silly wearing the BK crown....... But I'm still going to be pissed as hell about it.

damn, guys.  y'all really blew this one out of proportion.  guarantee you the patriots' message boards have used 'panthers fans' and 'butthurt' a lot recently.  stop analyzing reasons for taking talent that we cut, and start analyzing our cornerback position.

These are my thoughts too. If they carry him on the 53 I will be flabbergasted. But they have to do the same thing we just did if they don't right?

I will laugh if we claim him back

Not if they wait until the season, or after some certain date.

When the 53 man roster rolls around I am sure there will be an obvious choice of someone the Panthers could have cut and resigned later. Won't be too long to see that play out.

Good point and that's fair but there isn't much point in complaining over something you cannot change , and also he (Gaffney ) might suck he hasn't even played a snap , and as a late rounder it's far more likely he will than not ,not everyone is Greg hardy/ Brady and even if he doesn't it's not a divisional rival ether, I'd rather see us lose him to an AFC team than the 49ers or even the Hawks, being real it's more the principle of having a player stolen than anything for these guys on here (besides kat but when is Kat not upset) and an early injury might be a sign of a very injury prone player which we do not need all in all unfortunate, I liked him but it's not the end of the world besides there is always the next draft ,and this time there might not be a run on tackles that completely saps the talent pool (unlike this year) even lewan who was projected to go in the second round went wayyyy early and I'm not impressed with what I've heard about Morgan Moses who a lot of people wanted us to take.

The teams that win year in and year out are the ones that hit big in rounds 4 through 6. So, yeah it is a big deal unless you enjoy being mediocre like the Panthers since their inception.

Haha, nope not true at all.

This was kind of a stupid move, but it is not that big a deal.

Archived