• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lookin at our Schedule if we can even crack 10 wins this is a super bowl lock

malik

Hello Mr. Logic and how are you today? Thanks for coming out. No really, thanks for showing up, Ginn is getting beat out in Arizona for the 3 and I have only heard Mitchell's name on here. Alas all we did was sign two pro-bowl safeties to try and ease the loss of Mitchell. Then turned around and signed a ten touchdown producing WR to make up for the loss of Ginn. Damn, Damn, Damn!!!

I totally agree with you but want your thoughts on a theory. Do you think the "Oh, we lost (insert name) and I don't think we can replace him" comments are emotional mainly due to people tying a 12 win season with these guys rather then tying it to the system we have in place? I for one think the WR corp is better this year and the secondary is on par with last year. Mitchell was great here but I think he thrived in the system. Why can't the new guys (who happen to be pro bowlers) produce in a similar manner?

To me the main worry is at LT. This is a competent team with a good mix of veterans and several strong young talented players.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

One thing you can look at as a fairly accurate indicator of upcoming SOS is which QBs we are facing...we've got a hard fugging schedule guys.

Brees (SB winner)

Ryan (comic relief, not really)

Stafford (better than average)

Rapelesburger (SB winner)

Flacco (SB winner)

Cutler (better than average)

Dalton (arguably better than Ryan)

Rodgers (SB winner)

Wilson (SB winner)

Foles (better than average)

Bridgewater/Manziel (two rookies, both can't be busts can they?)

Playing against an SB winning QB in 6 of 16 games.  Far from chopped liver.

I see the Rams making the playoffs and the 9ers sitting at home this year.

Agreed. The Niners are a fragile team. If they struggle early on in the season they could be in for a long year. The Rams on the other hand have a nasty defense and if Bradford comes back healthy than they can do some damage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I totally agree with you but want your thoughts on a theory. Do you think the "Oh, we lost (insert name) and I don't think we can replace him" comments are emotional mainly due to people tying a 12 win season with these guys rather then tying it to the system we have in place? I for one think the WR corp is better this year and the secondary is on par with last year. Mitchell was great here but I think he thrived in the system. Why can't the new guys (who happen to be pro bowlers) produce in a similar manner?

To me the main worry is at LT. This is a competent team with a good mix of veterans and several strong young talented players.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Our fans are not used to a successful system being in place.  Rivera, Proehl, WIlks, and Mcdermott have all had great success.  Rivera and Wilks have been putting together top five defenses with stout defensive backfields for years.  Proehl had his complex, and now that he is a coach has helped turn at least one career around(Ginn).  Underwood was quoted as saying he could see how a receiver could ramp up production under Proehl.  Mcdermott has gained footing since being under the tutelage of Rivera.  I truly believe that if you are coachable and have talent, you can succeed in our system.  The proof is in guys like White, Addison, Klien, and Lester.  They all were major contributors in year one.  They were hardly ever out of place.  When Lester got burnt on Tuesday, Wilks pulled him to the side immediately.  Its just great coaching that we are not used to in Carolina.  Accountability and opportunity rules here.  Rivera and Gettleman have players on edge just enough.  Rivera will sit you down for mistakes, and Gettleman has been consistently bringing in talent to compete except for tackle.  Just wait until he gets some money.  Every hole cannot be filled in two years.  Its going to be on like Donkus Kong.

Brees (SB winner)

Ryan (comic relief, not really)

Stafford (better than average)

Rapelesburger (SB winner)

Flacco (SB winner)

Cutler (better than average)

Dalton (arguably better than Ryan)

Rodgers (SB winner)

Wilson (SB winner)

Foles (better than average)

Bridgewater/Manziel (two rookies, both can't be busts can they?)

Playing against an SB winning QB in 6 of 16 games. Far from chopped liver.

I feel this is misleading because the only two game changing QBs on this list are Rodgers and Wilson. The rest rely on there team mates to bail them out. Still if you want to be pessimistic be my guest.

Niners have 4 of their last 6 at home, and one of the road games is a short trip across the bay to Oakland. The league bent over backwards right there.

For whatever reason the NFL likes for the 9ers to win. We saw that in the playoffs, its like when Payton Manning comes to play he brings his own refs with him.

Archived