• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boomer Esiason's most overrated players...guess who's number 1

Udogg

I'll save yall the trouble.

Boomer says Cam has to "make others around him better instead of having them make him look good" or some bullshit like that. Like, that is so ass backwards it's almost incomprehensible. Unt you remember that Boomer has been a Cam hater since he came into the league.

The other 4 players on the list? Mike Wallace, Trent Richardson, Jay Cutler and Johnny Manziel(?!).

I didn't understand that part. He acts like Cam had a great offensive line and great receivers and healthy running backs all which he has lacked his career. Gross, Olsen,Khalil and Steve smith has been the only good players on the offense worth a dam.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

How is a guy that is literally a team's entire offense overrated? haha

If they are calling Cam overrated at this point after a 12-4 season and the lack of talent on our offense, they're basically admitting his ceiling in their eyes is pretty much one of the best QBs of all time.  

And another thing, where the fug is Cam rated so high? He was designated a "tier 3" QB behind the likes of Nick Foles in that brilliant nfl exec poll. Jaworksi put him at #15 behind guys like Romo and Flacco.

Just a chance for Boomer to exercise his negativity towards a QB that doesn't look or act how he thinks a QB should be.

And another thing, where the fug is Cam rated so high? He was designated a "tier 3" QB behind the likes of Nick Foles in that brilliant nfl exec poll. Jaworksi put him at #15 behind guys like Romo and Flacco.

Just a chance for Boomer to exercise his negativity towards a QB that doesn't look or act how he thinks a QB should be.

The funny thing about it is that Esiason made it known at the time of the draft that he felt Cam Newton was worthy of the #1 pick.

He specifically stated:

I know that it is a risky move … but the kid really lights up a room, and as long as he’s at a place where defense is going to come first, I think that he is going to be a very successful quarterback in this league. I think it would be a great pick for the Panthers.

Yet now Newton is the most overrated player in the NFL? This is just another example of how pathetic modern sports journalism has become.

What is the big deal? Cam Newton is a pretty good quarterback who has yet to reach his potential. I wouldn't say he is overrated but he has yet to live up to the hype. The next two years will show if he has what it takes to be an elite QB.

I hate to defend manziel, but how can he be on an overrated list when he hasn't even played yet?? At least give the guy a chance to stink up the place first.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

When Boomer played, guess who played in the same division? Warren Moon. Boomer is just mad Moon owned his ass and now hates black quarterbacks.

/Cam Conspiracy

Both black, both wear #1, similar playing styles. Moon is in the hall of fame. Boomer isn't. I can see why he would be jealous of Moon and take it out on Cam

....just adding on here

What is the big deal? Cam Newton is a pretty good quarterback who has yet to reach his potential. I wouldn't say he is overrated but he has yet to live up to the hype. The next two years will show if he has what it takes to be an elite QB.

What hype? The sports world has taken every opportunity possible to take a steaming sh*t on Cam since he was in college. This is just more of the same.

Archived