• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

J Stew

SCP

We need Stew to get the bulk of the carries. No splits. Let him get into a rhythm and just cruise. The offense is so much better with him on the field than DeAngelo or even Tolbert. I loved Double Trouble as we all did, but D-Will don't have it anymore. Let Stew be our feature back with Tolbert used situationally and D-Will be a change of pace or 3rd down back and backup.

2 preseason games in and you're ready to call what the offense's identity is going to be?

Let's not forget just how much contribution we got from Stewart from 2009-2011, when the panthers were basically the pits of the NFL. When I say essential, it means Cam Newton and the front seven.

The funny thing about this thread is that Stewart is being praised for showing up, when it was the oline creating holes and running lanes for him in that drive in the 2nd quarter. He basically trotted into the endzone on his second TD

It's pretty much a big fat reminder of this forum's infatuation with RB personalities that they have to bury the OLine to make Stewart look like a Demi-god

The funny thing about this thread is that Stewart is being praised for showing up, when it was the oline creating holes and running lanes for him in that drive in the 2nd quarter. He basically trotted into the endzone on his second TD

It's pretty much a big fat reminder of this forum's infatuation with RB personalities that they have to bury the OLine to make Stewart look like a Demi-god

Yes but after so many runs Dwill did on the 3 and outs on the first drives where he got stuffed it's really showed how much better Stewart looked when he did get out. Same line some better blocking but stew got yards.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Yes but after so many runs Dwill did on the 3 and outs on the first drives where he got stuffed it's really showed how much better Stewart looked when he did get out. Same line some better blocking but stew got yards.

I'm not going to lie, the blocking was piss when deangelo was out there. But it got a lot better in the second quarter

I'm not going to lie, the blocking was piss when deangelo was out there. But it got a lot better in the second quarter

no it didn't. the pass protection and run blocking were the same. it progressively looked better because newton started to knock the rust off and stewart is better suited to operate it behind it.

the line made it possible for stewart to run untouched into the endzone on his second td, but his other three runs were a result of his efforts.

his other two redzone carries he was hit at the line, but he muscled his way in for a td on one and an addition 2-3 yards on another.

his 17 yard run was a combination of both him and the line. the line created a tight crease, but stewart is the only rb on the roster with the burst to get thru it before it closed.

No I pretty much clearly saw the line block a running lane for Stewart to run through, yielding a nice gain. That took vision on the part of Stewart, but his jersey basically was untouched until he was like 15 yards past the LOS

The first touchdown, he repelled a defender, but there was also space for him to move around. The second, untouched into the endzone. I don't know what game you watched but the blocking was a lot better when Stewart was in.

Every single post you write I always end up reading Matt Ryan wears braided belts at the end!!! So confusing lol

Ya I need to delete that poo. It's a signature but looks like a post.

Matt Ryan wears braided belts.

Archived