• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Tailgate Thread- *Panthers vs. Lions*

boo7382

It's finally here!!! Who's pumped?!?! I know I am!! 

I can already smell the familiar, yet comforting aroma of sweat, beer, Jagermeister, and MadHatter's projectile vomit. 

Once again we commence another year of seeing each other's faces 8 (hopefully more) different, but equally important times to support the one cause we can all come together and support, our undying love for THE PANTHERS!

This week, the Panthers take on The Detroit Lions who travel to the warm Southeast to face Cam Newton and get a taste of what it's like to live in a city that's not bankrupt.

Below is everything you need to know about the tailgate with most questions answered. Make sure you read through everything below before you post any questions in the thread. Please be patient as this is our first crack at this, we will put threads out on the Monday or Tuesday prior to each home game.

TL;DR version- come anytime after 8am. Bring me my damn money and I feed you. BYOB.

****If you plan on joining us at the tailgate, please let us know in this thread so that we can have an approximate head count when we order food. If you are bringing guests, please let us know if you can estimate how many people you will be bringing. Doesn’t need to be exact, but we don’t want to order food for 70 people if only 30 are going to show up and vice versa. ****

WHAT TIME?: 

RoaringRiot and some of the regulars will be out early per usual around 8am. Feel free to come out as early as 8am, but we will not be serving food until around 11am. IF you decide to come early, especially super early, please come ready to help us set up! There is a lot that needs to be done and with this being our first week, we have no idea how much man power we will need.

Location for the new tailgate will be 601 S. Cedar St. This is the location where Hartigan’s used to be (will now be replaced with Draught) and is right beside the practice fields. If you are familiar with the Morehead side of the stadium, Cedar is the first light after you go past the stadium on your right going towards Freedom OR if you are coming from the highway, Exit off 77 on Trade Street and take a right on Cedar. 

PARKING:

Parking is all around where we will be, you can either choose to park down Morehead towards Freedom, or anywhere in the office buildings across the street from us, you can also go under the tunnel up Morehead to the other side of the stadium (not recommended since that is where the DogHouse is and there are people everywhere), or you could park over on the Mint side of the stadium and cut through near the practice fields.

People who tailgate around us already, please feel free to chime in with your suggestions on the best areas for parking- cookinwithgas and SCP I know you both tailgate over there!

Here is an aerial view of the Tailgate. The red spot is where we will be. The yellow line is the walk to the stadium (or you can just walk up Morehead to the gate on that side).

tailgatelot1.jpg

THE GOODS (WHAT’S INCLUDED):

In addition to the tailgate spots that Roaring Riot has donated to us in the lot, the following will be included:

·         Our very own Porta-Potty 

·         Food this week will be provided by Sauceman's BBQ- food will be out by 11am, come early to eat!

·         Water/Soft Drinks- we will not be providing alcohol, BYOB

·         Music 

·         Convenient Parking nearby

·         Close to WFNZ DogHouse

·         Short 5 minute walk to the stadium

·         Family friendly atmosphere (to a certain extent since I have a mouth like a Sailor)

·         Inclusion into a lot already dominated mainly by some of the largest Panthers tailgates in CLT

·         Various tailgate activities including Cornhole, Kan Jam, Ladder Ball, Beer Pong/Flip Cup

·         Tents, tables, silverware, etc. provided

HOW WILL I KNOW WHO YOU ARE?:

I am currently working on our banner which I hope we will have in time for Sunday. Look for the Carolina Huddle banner, but we will also have a tent up and some signage if I can get it printed at work this week. If all else fails, look for the tiny blonde standing next to a giant guy in an "i love boobies" tshirt with a bottle of hot sauce in his hand. We will have out tables and corn hole, etc. 

It's awkward for us all to make that introduction since its freaking weird to say your Huddle user name to someone IRL, but I promise it's worth it once you get past that hump. We won't bite, we are a very inviting group, and NO we will not tell your wife and daughter about that time you posted numerous gifs of tits and talked about all the chicks you banged before you were married.....ask biscuit, he'll back me on that :D

DO I HAVE TO PAY TO GET IN IF I DIDN'T DONATE PRIOR TO THE SEASON?:

No, you do not have to pay to get in; however, if you want to eat our food and use our Porta John, plan on bringing a cash donation (no minimum required) to put in the bucket I will be passing around at the tailgate. Yes, I will be harassing you, yes, I will know if you are avoiding me ;)

I SPONSORED, HOW DO I GET MY FREE SWAG?

You should have received an email if you have stepped up to sponsor. Thank you again for your support, its very much appreciated! We will be providing your swag this weekend including your T-shirt which was included in the email for a size request. If you don't email us and let us know, we will give you a S! [email protected]

CAN I GET ONE OF THOSE SUPER AWESOME T-SHIRTS?

Yes, you can, they will be available for purchase at the tailgate for a small fee. 

I WANT TO BRING MAH FRANZ/FAM, DO THEY HAVE TO PAY AS NON-HUDDLERS?

Please, bring your friends! Especially if they are Panthers fans! Just like you, if they plan on eating, etc., please ask the group to make a small donation, it only goes to help us provide more food and drinks for you! If you plan on bringing fans of the opposing team, we will be asking for double normal donations because they aren't Panthers fans- any Steelers fans- quadruple. Should be a profitable tailgate that week. eff you steelers fans.

IS THERE A LIMITATION ON THE ALCOHOL I CAN BRING?

That's a no. Especially when it gets cold, feel free to bring some moonshine to cover your donation costs for that game. Or, you can be like Arsen and bring some Vodka, or there's the always delicious and rarely seen Bo's cooler which comes with lots of goodies including jello shots! We will try to provide as many coolers as we can for everyone to store their beer, but please feel free to bring your own.

Feel free to post any other questions not covered in the thread. If anyone has Skew's information and other people who join the tailgate I may be forgetting, please reach out to them and let them know where our new location will be!

Can't wait to see you all Sunday prior to dominating Megatron and the Lions!!

****If you plan on joining us at the tailgate, please let us know in this thread so that we can have an approximate head count when we order food. If you are bringing guests, please let us know if you can estimate how many people you will be bringing. Doesn’t need to be exact, but we don’t want to order food for 70 people if only 30 are going to show up and vice versa. ****

Bw9TvCkCQAAn2Ly.jpg

BwvAtchIgAAf4Yg.jpg

BxGs-KCCYAA9zxR.jpg

I threw this out to Hatter and I'm willing to do the same for anyone who has sponsored the tailgate.... I am willing to bring your beers/alcohol out to the tailgate so that you don't have to worry about keeping up with a cooler. If you communicate with me a few days before, I'll pick it up, pack it up in my car, and bring it out to you. You will have to reimburse me when you get there, but won't have to bring a cooler every week. Again... I am only willing to do this for tailgate sponsors.

Sent from my iPhone

I threw this out to Hatter and I'm willing to do the same for anyone who has sponsored the tailgate.... I am willing to bring your beers/alcohol out to the tailgate so that you don't have to worry about keeping up with a cooler. If you communicate with me a few days before, I'll pick it up, pack it up in my car, and bring it out to you. You will have to reimburse me when you get there, but won't have to bring a cooler every week. Again... I am only willing to do this for tailgate sponsors.

Sent from my iPhone

you are a good man. i don't care what that blood test says....

I'll be along with plus 1. I'll donate there at the tailgate even though I wont be eating. Normal guy on the outside, vegetarian on the inside. RR can vouch for my normal-ness....maybe? ;)

ehhhhhhhhhh....

+5...  lets go!

Archived