• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam threw for 280+ yards and........

Udogg

we won the game. .........

This makes only the 3rd time (the other 2 were in 2012 Philly and Atlanta) that Cam has thrown for 280 yards and we have won the game.  Not coincidentally no picks were thrown in either game.   

Is our inability to run the ball effectively because we are in the transition to becoming a pass first team?  Is this what our identity going to be after Dwill and Stew are off the books?   I don't forsee another big name RB being here going forward.  It seems to be the strategy is the boost the O-line and D-line.  Pay the QB and the skill guys on defense and have maybe 1 high paid WR.   

What do you guys think?

Our run game always seems to take a few games to get going. It will be the key to beating teams like the Eagles. With our defense, the clock control/winning TOP etc. is a really good compliment, plus our QB can add to the run game and is also a beast on 3rd downs. Cam is a great QB for our Coryell style attack, but it's all set up by the power run.

We are still a possession offense.  Running game will remain a key.  The Lions secondary is highly suspect and their run defense is a strength.  Our offense/staff does a good job of playing against the other teams' weaknesses and will continue to.  At the end of the day we are going to try and have success running the ball.  Luckily, unlike in the past, if it doesn't work, we can adjust and win in other ways if it doesn't.

I think the offense (smartly) took what the defense gave them, especially as the game progressed.

However, I do agree with you--unlike most Panther fans--that Cam will throw the ball more often (or accumulate the yards) this year. The running game sucks. And hopefully the OC will finally realize that. Plus, if defenses give you the pass, you gotta take it, to loosen up the run game anyway, especially when the run game can't be established on it's own.

Ultimately, if/when they pay Cam Bookoo dollars, and get those expensive RB's off the books; yes the team will throw more. They would have to.

For some  unknown reason; many Panther fans believe, just cause you throw the ball, doing that can't complement a good defense and/or be a ball control offense. Of course it can, in so many ways.

This year, they're better receivers present who can help Cam by actually catching the ball as well.

Last year was last year, anyway. Most people assume, what the Panther did last year, they'll do this year (particularly on offense). Not necessarily. New receivers, a potentially healthy Stew, how defenses play you, which teams your playing, and game situations (such as against Detroit) will determine that.

Though the national media killed the Panthers receicing core. One can argue, that the Panthers strength, is Cam, Olsen, KB, Avant, JCo and the pass game, over Stewart, DLo, and Tolbert, till proven otherwise.

We'll see how this year develops?

I think DET dared us to pass with Cam banged up and we burnt them. I said it mid way through the game that this is a different offence that makes clutch plays and never gives up. That's the difference from last year 3 and 10 does not mean 3 and out.

I think DET dared us to pass with Cam banged up and we burnt them. I said it mid way through the game that this is a different offence that makes clutch plays and never gives up. That's the difference from last year 3 and 10 does not mean 3 and out.

We have an entire corp of receivers that live for 3rd and long.  Its really quite the turn around from a corps that dreaded 3rd and long.

Like I said before, I really want us to draft Todd Gurley in the late first round after we release D-Will.  That would help Cam out so much.  Dudes a fuging monster.  

You think Gurley is going to be available late in the first round?

Archived