• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shula will be gone after this year.

Snake

Maybe the title should read. "I want Shula gone after this year". Then you could state your case, and you could make a few points. Right now, quite a few folks are with you.

However. Stating Shula will be gone? You are in no position to make said claim. It is speculation and wishful thinking.

One of my pet peeves. Folks making declarations as if they can see the future.

How about McDermott?  His unit has been more of a disaster these last two weeks than the offense.

Not sure why people keep telling this lie the defense is not worse than the offense.

The last two games the defense has been bad but the offense has been equally as bad....once again 10 points will win you exactly 0 games....get that through your head people.

The defense can at least point to some success earlier in this season and last season, can't really say the same for the offense they can't move the ball against middling - good defenses and still look like a truck trying to get out of the mud in a thunderstorm vs most any defense. Even the Tampa game we struggled to get to 20 and last year was like watching glue dry when the offense was on the field.

The fact that the defense is struggling actually helps point out the flaws in the offense as they can't make up for the defense struggling but last year the defense made up for the offense struggling in nearly every game and also set the offense up with numerous sacks/turnovers(much like the first two games). This offense is putrid and apparently needs the defense to do everything.

Letting Shula go will be one of the best days in Panther history unless of course people want more wasted years with what should be one of the best QBs ever....yea keep using what should be a HoFer as a Dilfer....makes no sense.

Not sure why people keep telling this lie the defense is not worse than the offense.

uhm yea the offense is struggling, but the defense has given up scores on 13 of the last 17 possessions.  that is ridiculous.  it is also ridiculous to point out one and not the other.  my point was just that.  zero turnovers and one sack in two games.  if that isn't bad it would be because we are used to having a poo defense.

uhm yea the offense is struggling, but the defense has given up scores on 13 of the last 17 possessions.  that is ridiculous.  it is also ridiculous to point out one and not the other.  my point was just that.  zero turnovers and one sack in two games.  if that isn't bad it would be because we are used to having a poo defense.

And yet the defense is still ranked higher than the offense so even the stats/facts debunk that....I mean yea if you have yourself convinced of something that isn't true no matter which way you look at it then....well that's your prerogative I guess.

Offense ranked 28th ppg

Defense ranked 18th ppg given up

Dem facts doe

In the last 17 possessions how many times have the offense scored? I know we've only scored 5 times in the last two games.

Also I do hate that the defense always does that 12 yard cushion....I've always hated, HATED, that. Just not a fan of the passive style.

And yet the defense is still ranked higher than the offense so even the stats/facts debunk that....I mean yea if you have yourself convinced of something that isn't true no matter which way you look at it then....well that's your prerogative I guess.

Offense ranked 28th ppg

Defense ranked 18th ppg given up

Dem facts doe

In the last 17 possessions how many times have the offense scored? I know we've only scored 5 times in the last two games.

Also I do hate that the defense always does that 12 yard cushion....I've always hated, HATED, that. Just not a fan of the passive style.

i am by no means dismissing the offense, but 37.5 points per game and 454 yards per game in the last two games wont win anyone any games.  the team is in a funk, Ron needs to get their heads out of their asses and stop reading the headlines of all the praise we had gotten recently.  again, my point was that you cant point one side of the ball out and not the other.

i am by no means dismissing the offense, but 37.5 points per game and 454 yards per game in the last two games wont win anyone any games.  the team is in a funk, Ron needs to get their heads out of their asses and stop reading the headlines of all the praise we had gotten recently.  again, my point was that you cant point one side of the ball out and not the other.

I know what you mean man its been terrible but why can't the offense go off for 35+ for once...why is it always on the defense to hold teams under unrealistic numbers when the league rules are set up for the defense to fail....we are in an unprecedented time with the bullshit rules so it actually doesn't even make sense to not try to take advantage of that.

They are calling everything except Offensive Holding it seems and with the way the overages are getting called....just throw the damn ball and quit with the 2 yards up the middle.

I agree about Ron he isn't a good coach yet and his track record points more to average than anything and if we want to question his validity as a HC I don't think that's unreasonable really....maybe he is a better DC....it certainly seems like his balls have shriveled back up and he's coaching scared now....Riverboat has been stowed I guess.

I know what you mean man its been terrible but why can't the offense go off for 35+ for once...why is it always on the defense to hold teams under unrealistic numbers when the league rules are set up for the defense to fail....we are in an unprecedented time with the bullshit rules so it actually doesn't even make sense to not try to take advantage of that.

They are calling everything except Offensive Holding it seems and with the way the overages are getting called....just throw the damn ball and quit with the 2 yards up the middle.

I agree about Ron he isn't a good coach yet and his track record points more to average than anything and if we want to question his validity as a HC I don't think that's unreasonable really....maybe he is a better DC....it certainly seems like his balls have shriveled back up and he's coaching scared now....Riverboat has been stowed I guess.

not sure, but the line is killing us.  i am almost willing to bet every team that won yesterday out rushed their opponents and we have zero run game.  i like more hurry up too, Cam and them get in more of a groove.... well until a hold or false start.

not ready to call Ron a bad coach but he needs to pull something out of his ass and get these guys playing better.  we havent just all of a sudden changed schemes, but we are executing at a junior high JV level.  we wont win like that.

I really feel the writing is on the wall for him. Yes we are 4 games into a season and have the worst oline in the NFL but still OCs are expected to produce with weaknesses. Is there time to turn things around this year? Yes, but unfortunately I don't think Shula has the knowledge to do it. The reason we are struggling this year is the same reason we won and lost last year. This whole offence hinges on Cam Newton. If Cam is not perfect we lose and not only throwing but running as well. That's not a good formula if you ask me and its something I doubt will change. What this team needs(and every team for that matter) is a OC that can adjust and game plan well. They don't have to be elite just good at it. Little things like changing tempo, formations, getting the play in faster so adjustments can be made are just a few of them. This is what both the offense and defense needs to be good and its something we are not.

Also I'm going to point out at some point DG is going to take over and Shula and Rivera may be gone. DG will be evaluating the situation and best believe he will make the change if need be. Rivera nor Shula are DG picks, yes he is working with them but they don't represent him. What all this means to me is that Rivera better get this team running again or big changes will happen with or without him because they are not losing because of lack of tslent .

What you're saying here is not as far fetched as it may appear.

Regardless of the injuries, I to agree with you that Shula could do more. His performance yesterday was beyond abysmal indeed. Unfortunately, I don't think he will be fired during the year (if at all), though it could provided a needed boost/wake up call for the team if he was.

Of course, many here will say "JR's too cheap to fire Shula, and/or Rivera". Maybe be? But you may be on to something.

If Gettleman could convince JR to let the Legendary Steve Smith go (while still paying him some Salary to boot); then who's to say if Gettleman (with Accori's implied blessing) went to JR and said, "Shula Needs to go" that JR may not just bite the bullet and figure out where he could replace, make up Shula's salary?

There could be a new way to do business in Charlotte, if DG really wants his way. Hopefully, it won't come to that, and the team will get it's house in order. It's only been two games, and the NFC South is not that great so far. Let's hope so.

We'll see?

not sure, but the line is killing us.  i am almost willing to bet every team that won yesterday out rushed their opponents and we have zero run game.  i like more hurry up too, Cam and them get in more of a groove.... well until a hold or false start.

not ready to call Ron a bad coach but he needs to pull something out of his ass and get these guys playing better.  we havent just all of a sudden changed schemes, but we are executing at a junior high JV level.  we wont win like that.

Jacksonville out rushed San Diego and lost

Pittsburgh out rushed Tampa and lost

Jets out rushed Detroit and lost

Buffalo out rushed Houston and lost

Bears destroyed Greenbay in rushing and in turn got destroyed

5 of 12 = 42%

It is a valid stat normally but the league is changing a little bit. A lot of the rushing yards seem to come after the game is in hand and people are trying to run out the clock in some situations as well.

I'm not discounting running games or anything just thought I'd look because I was curious as to what happened as well and was surprised it was around 40% TBH.

I would not go as far as to say running games and backs are becoming obsolete but the league is definitely shifting...not shifting totally away from it but its getting tilted more into passing favor, especially the stupid rules.

Shula is average to below average in every single offensive category since his hire as OC. He should be fired.

The argument that the offensive line is terrible so it's not Shula's fault isn't a good one. They are awful, but other teams have similarly bad offensive lines and yet they can put up points. Even in 2013 when the offensive line wasn't terrible, Shula still ran a below average offense. That argument is a crutch and it can't mask how inept Shula actually is as an OC.

The team has numerous issues, but IMO Shula is one of the biggest.

THIS poo RIGHT HERE!!!

Sure, everyone wants an OL similar to Dallas. But, god damn Green Bay, Chicago and even Indy's OL are just as bad as ours.

Archived