• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When will Cam heal?

Mol3m4n

I want anderson to start just so that these racist shut the fug up about thinking anderson is better than Cam. I would expect a kirk cousins type of game to bring them back to reality. 

i could go for some kirk cousins type games if it means cam isn't RGIIIed.  i mean let's face it.  the team has been getting beat downs with cam anyway.  

Today at work, I was barraged by racist and uninformed comments by people claiming that "Cam sucks". "Derek Anderson is better". "I would choose Luck 100 times over Newton".

Okay. Message received. My only reply could have been to ask how many games that these couch experts watched of the Panthers. I would follow telling them that this is his best year passing even with a horrible line and being hurt. I keep on sarong give him the weapons that Luck or RG3 received and Can would go off.

However, this isn't the point of my thread. The point is if people are going to realize how good Cam is, he needs to have at least a 4500 yard season and win a playoff game. People blame Cam Newton for our two blowouts, and I knew it was coming. To show his doubters, Cam needs to take control of games and show the world that he can out play anyone, even behind a garbage line.

Cam can't do this without first being healthy. This is a long lead up to a simple question, although I would like for your thoughts on the topics I brought up also. The question is:

Tldr- How long will it take Cam Newton to get healthy and improve to the next level?

I know this is a response/rant type of post. But first of all, who cares' what your friends at work think? They're probably just trying to get a rise out of you--knowing  you're a Panther fan, and/or don't like Cam to begin with. So who cares!?

Nonetheless, I'll bite. The solution shouldn't be Cam getting healthy no. The solution should be, the Panthers scheming better to make up for their deficiencies in OL and the RB's.

Why is it, Cam always has to be Superman in this offense?

If Cam had a good OL, RB's, and/or scheme, he could perfectly throw for those 4500 yards with the current receiver group he has.

So the issue is not Cam or his health. At least it shouldn't be. The solution, is a better, or better playing OL, RB's, and a more imaginative, natural play caller at OC than Shula.

Hope that helped? Lol

There isn't a NFL player who is 100%.

Ribs, understandable.

This ankle business, not understandable.  It's been 7 months.  Knee replacements have healed quicker in 70 year olds.

Perhaps he reinjured it, who knows.

No point in defending something that  is perception of Newton

As the saying goes 'never let facts interfer with a great story'.

One of the ladies on Espn said his ankle will get stronger as the season progresses. Don't know her credentials, but that's what she said.

that is fair to assume, i believe.  it takes time to get used to the repaired ankle as well as adding strength.  mentally adjusting is probably even more difficult especially when defensive players are swarming to him like an army of wasps.

if anyone doubts cam's talents because of race, they've already lost any credibility they could have possibly had, and it's not worth wasting your breath. 

IMO, cam is already next level, big time!! i believe the offensive unit as a whole hasn't made any leaps to play at the next level, and it leaves cam's stats looking much more pedestrian than what he would be putting up if the panthers had been building solely around him since we drafted him...like lots of teams do when they select a qb 1st overall. also, it seems that the offense has actually regressed, as opposed to have gotten better.

i believe his injuries, and the absolutely dreadful play of our o-line is masking cam's capabilities...no fan of another team would know that, they just know whatever the media tells them, and it seems like the media only focuses on us when the panthers are struggling :s

One of the ladies on Espn said his ankle will get stronger as the season progresses. Don't know her credentials, but that's what she said.

Judging by his little half speed scamper  yesterday, that may be true.

He hadn't really done, looked like that way before (even on previous runs). He may not had been at full explosiveness. But he had that surefooted, "I can out juke you out of your shoes if I wanted to" Cam Newton look and steadiness.

And regarding your ESPN comment: I hope ESPN is not making it all about CAM's injury, as if he hasn't been throwing the ball very well from the pocket and making good decisions--which he has, once again not placing blame (as they never do with all things Cam) on the responsible parties--such as the the RB's, the OL, and Shula.

Judging by his little half speed scamper  yesterday, that may be true.

He hadn't really done, looked like that way before (even on previous runs). He may not had been at full explosiveness. But he had that surefooted, "I can out juke you out of your shoes if I wanted to" Cam Newton look and steadiness.

And regarding your ESPN comment: I hope ESPN is not making it all about CAM's injury, as if he hasn't been throwing the ball very well from the pocket and making good decisions--which he has, once again not placing blame (as they never do with all things Cam) on the responsible parties--such as the the RB's, the OL, and Shula.

That one play where he spun out of a sack, drifted to his left, than floated a perfect pass to...damm, I forgot who, was pretty.

He is getting better every week. But it is going to a gradual thing.

I know this is a response/rant type of post. But first of all, who cares' what your friends at work think? They're probably just trying to get a rise out of you--knowing  you're a Panther fan, and/or don't like Cam to begin with. So who cares!?

Nonetheless, I'll bite. The solution shouldn't be Cam getting healthy no. The solution should be, the Panthers scheming better to make up for their deficiencies in OL and the RB's.

Why is it, Cam always has to be Superman in this offense?

If Cam had a good OL, RB's, and/or scheme, he could perfectly throw for those 4500 yards with the current receiver group he has.

So the issue is not Cam or his health. At least it shouldn't be. The solution, is a better, or better playing OL, RB's, and a more imaginative, natural play caller at OC than Shula.

Hope that helped? Lol

the issue is his health...that doesn't dismiss other issues but other issues that need to be addressed do not dismiss the health issue either.it is not a zero sum game.

Archived