• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Mayock on Cam Newton (on around the NFL)

AKPantherFan

Mike Mayock broke down Cams performance on Sunday (on the NFL Network) and basically said;

Cam was very impressive and there is a reason carolina scored 37 points.

Cam NEwton

Poses a lot of threat with the run game.

Does a great job of reading

How long can he continue to run and survive like this. (No answer on his opinion)

Basically broke down a lot of our good plays and was just giving us props.

Sorry nothing earth shattering.

Also the segment right before was showing the burfict ankle twist on Cam and OLsen and then showed Olsens interview.

At least it got some air time

His improvement, talent, and value to the team has never been more obvious than it is right now.

Considering he's a #1 overall pick and is going to be making a TON of money soon I have very high standard for his play. Right now he's playing just outside of HoF territory. I wish he had a better team around him. I would prefer to not run him into the ground. 

I cant remember but wasnt Mayock one of the guys high on Cam in the 2012 draft?

No. The future hall of famer Blaine Gabbert was his top rated QB.

Of course, he hedged his bet by saying Cam could become great if he wanted to, but that he (Mayock) had doubts if he would ever reach his potential. 

As the draft got closer, he admitted that Cam was likely to go first, but he personally was clinging to the Gabbert wagon.

I don't sweat pre draft stuff. Aren't some of the so called experts like some of us? Rather than go with the crowd they want to get the under the radar guy or say they were the only one to mention so and so.

It's not like Cam is the first guy to have people whiff on.

Sometimes you're right and sometimes you're wrong.

I actually watched the video. Here it is

http://www.nfl.com/videos/mayocks-slant/0ap3000000410646/Mayock-s-Slant-Cam-s-emergence

I found it funny that he did not talk about his passing game but went straight to his running game. It was a bit annoying to me because we have known what a force Cam is in the run game, we in CAR see what's most improved about his game which is the passing.

Mayock did tell Panthers fans to be patient with Cam and let him grow.

I agree with CelibatePimp, it's kinda messed up that this segment was all about Cam's running game when he passed the ball so well on sunday....oh well thank goodness for the TWC sports channel, i'm really digging Kelly "flirty face" Burtik, she funny.

His improvement, talent, and value to the team has never been more obvious than it is right now.

Considering he's a #1 overall pick and is going to be making a TON of money soon I have very high standard for his play. Right now he's playing just outside of HoF territory. I wish he had a better team around him. I would prefer to not run him into the ground. 

Statistically all he has to do is put up the numbers he's been putting up.  He needs to win playoff games to get there though.

About Gabbert--I don't blame Mayock as much as I do the Jags.  NO QB would have made it there at that time.  Gabbert got gun shy.  On the other hand, Cam had a 13-game resume in a spread offense that really did not challenge the QB. 

I respect Mayock.  He evaluates talent, not the situations and variables that impact success. 

Archived