• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade deadline Oct 28, do you think we make a move?

The trade deadline is quickly approaching, do you think that the Panthers may make a move to help them extend their division lead, or will they be content to just sit tight?

One curious case is CJ spiller. he is heavily speculated to be on the trading block by the Bills.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/16/c-j-spiller-tries-to-tune-out-trade-speculation/

He would be an interesting addition, but I don't know if we have the flexibility needed to do it.  We'd have to give up some draft picks, and at this point, I'm not sure we're in a position because of the cap situation to lose young players.  In the offseason we're gonna have to cut one if not both aging running backs that will cost us some money, we'll also have to get some O-line help which will be at the forefront of our focus, as well as re-signing cam.  On top of all of this, improvement HAS to be made on defense, particularly the safety positions, so giving up a draft pick or two for a RB who will cost us about 5mil (before he complains about his contract) will hurt us badly.  I honestly really want to see Fozzy get healthy and give him a chance to produce, that way we know whether or not we need to look into getting a RB in the draft.

He would be an interesting addition, but I don't know if we have the flexibility needed to do it. We'd have to give up some draft picks, and at this point, I'm not sure we're in a position because of the cap situation to lose young players. In the offseason we're gonna have to cut one if not both aging running backs that will cost us some money, we'll also have to get some O-line help which will be at the forefront of our focus, as well as re-signing cam. On top of all of this, improvement HAS to be made on defense, particularly the safety positions, so giving up a draft pick or two for a RB who will cost us about 5mil (before he complains about his contract) will hurt us badly. I honestly really want to see Fozzy get healthy and give him a chance to produce, that way we know whether or not we need to look into getting a RB in the draft.

Unfortunately, cutting our aging running backs won't save us much money at all this offseason

Spiller would be an interesting addition for sure, but we are still in the process of trying to move on from our own assets, not take on others.

The only teams I see with any chance of making a deadline splash are teams like the Broncos that have gone all-in on winning now and have a limited window to do so.

There is in fact, another position of concern i would like to address and thats the power running back position,why? because it compliments Cams mobility and the rushing attack in general; by puttung opposing defenses literally on their heels and CJ Spiller doesnt fit the bill.

Archived