• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why did it take an injury for Norwell to play?

Jeremy Igo

To my eyes Norwell may be the best guard on the team currently. My question is, why wasn't this known week's ago? Norwell was not even active on Sundays until injury forced the coaches hand.

Practices are also for evaluating talent, yes? Do you trust their ability to do so effectively?

I mean there are certainly things that coaches see that even the most diehard, knowledgeable football fans don't... we're not at every practice, in the film rooms, interacting with these guys...

Having said that, some things (like this one and the Bell situation) look pretty obvious to everyone...  I don't have an answer, but I would like to hear someone closer to the staff, like Bill Voth for instance, take on it.

To my eyes Norwell may be the best guard on the team currently. My question is, why wasn't this known week's ago? Norwell was not even active on Sundays until injury forced the coaches hand.

Practices are also for evaluating talent, yes? Do you trust their ability to do so effectively?

No I do not. Rivera likes to play favorites. He should've been starting all along. Amini had no business starting to begin with. Even though Norwell is solid at guard, I think Velasco and Turner is good inside. I think with Norwell at RT our line would've been better from the beginning. Norwell is such a great utility tool we can plug him in anywhere. You can sit Velasco for him if you want to keep him at guard, but I think for overall improvement on the line he should be at RT.

Archived