• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera's conference

Ruff

This season seems like 2012 all over again. That Seattle game was a mirror image of the last one. Did we make the playoffs in 2012?

There was a 13-3 NFCS team in 2012....is there one of those this year?

I think the NFCW of 2010 is the comparison to look for.  7-9 or 8-8 team will win this division.

So you are saying he didn't drop the pass and it wasn't a huge play?

If he wants to blame KB he should has went back to him the next play. Cam had 22 attempts yesterday and ten of them were screen passes with only 1 being a end zone attempt in the red zone. That's bad coaching all around. But no let's blame it on our rookie WR on one drop. I see drops every game in the NFL and I never seen a coach blame losing on 1 play in the first half.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

This is in reference to this team, not the conference. All the mistakes, lack of execution, and blown chances are bringing back bad memories from that year. Plus the bone head coaching seems to have returned.

The NFC south is the laughing stock of the league...no props for winning this turd fest. We should have locked it up by now...instead we are struggling to get back to 500.

If you're a coach and you believe that a game came down to one play then you are a bad coach. It is as simple as that. Games don't ride on one play. They don't ride on 5 plays. You' can, however, pin a loss on perpetually poor coaching and personnel decisions. Wonder whose shoulders get that portion of the blame.

He is a bad coach.

Right after that drop we could/should have ran Cam twice in a row but nope....blame the rookie...Rivera is a tool

@josephperson: Rivera says he had no issues with the red-zone plays call by Mike Shula. "We can execute better. That's the biggest thing."

Fire these morons now.

Yup...meanwhile coaches like Chip Kelly are drawing up plays to get their players in advantageous positions or scheme a score like the Cooks TD for NO.

We got a shitty version of John Fox out there talkin bout just line up and execute with your UDFAs against stud top picks and top players at their positions.  Hey his style would work if we had top 10 at most positions...he's got that going for him I guess.

Rivera did not blame Benjamin for the loss !!! He didn't single out anyone as responsible for the loss.

He was responding to questions about the struggles in the red zone. Here is the quote:

"Just the missed opportunities. We had a receiver drop the ball in the end zone. We missed a throw. We missed a couple of blocks. Just missed opportunities."

He spread the blame around about as well as he could. Stop being so hyper-sensitive about players you fall in love with personally.

As far as Rivera expecting more out of certain players...well of course he does !!!

Higher expectations are a natural outgrowth of being exceptional. 

Sure Benjamin is a rookie. And as a rookie he has exceeded all reasonable expectations. But mentioning his dropped pass in the end zone is not going to destroy his psyche. The knock on Benjamin has always been that he tends to lose focus. That was obvious at Florida State. He dropped nearly 10% of the catchable passes thrown his way last year.

The catch in double coverage over two exceptional defenders was a phenomenal play. You can't coach that kind of ability. And Benjamin has it.

But in the context of the game, which is the bigger play:

A spectacular catch that eventually sets up a field goal ???

Or the drop of a sure touchdown???

Rivera did not blame Benjamin for the loss !!! He didn't single out anyone as responsible for the loss.

He was responding to questions about the struggles in the red zone. Here is the quote:

"Just the missed opportunities. We had a receiver drop the ball in the end zone. We missed a throw. We missed a couple of blocks. Just missed opportunities."

He spread the blame around about as well as he could. Stop being so hyper-sensitive about players you fall in love with personally.

As far as Rivera expecting more out of certain players...well of course he does !!!

Higher expectations are a natural outgrowth of being exceptional. 

Sure Benjamin is a rookie. And as a rookie he has exceeded all reasonable expectations. But mentioning his dropped pass in the end zone is not going to destroy his psyche. The knock on Benjamin has always been that he tends to lose focus. That was obvious at Florida State. He dropped nearly 10% of the catchable passes thrown his way last year.

The catch in double coverage over two exceptional defenders was a phenomenal play. You can't coach that kind of ability. And Benjamin has it.

But in the context of the game, which is the bigger play:

A spectacular catch that eventually sets up a field goal ???

Or the drop of a sure touchdown???

People are more on him about his lack of personal responsibility and lack of coaching accountability.

He said the play calling was fine, which it wasn't, he is only harping on execution.

Once again even if he grabs the ball firmly Sherman was in position and had good technique...he even swiped through Benjis hands where the ball would have been had he held on...was likely to be a PBU even if it didn't bounce off his hands...the announcer even pointed this out...

I pose this question to you all. If the problem is execution and not the plays being called, then why isn't it being corrected? If Cam isn't making the correct read, or the online isn't giving him time, or the receivers aren't running the right routes, why is it still happening? No players on offense are being benched or cut like on the defence. So that brings us back to Ron. Why doesn't he fix it? He's the man that can right?

Everyone that's halfass football knowledgeable can see the ineptitude that seems to take hold more often than not this season so I cannot conceive the possibility that our GM is clueless to the issues of this team.

So I'm sure that it's been discussed at length inside the organization. Im sure he will do what he can to help, I mean that's his job right?

There is simply too much absurdity in this post.

QB is the least of our worries right now, and generally anyone who thinks otherwise is either a reactionary moron, or has an agenda.

U clearly not  a fan of this site. This post is a dead give away. SMH

Thank you both for clearly illustrating my point.

This message board will throw a rookie wide receiver under the bus for not catching a pass, but may you burn in hell for ever thinking the veteran QB could possibly do anything wrong. 

Yup...meanwhile coaches like Chip Kelly are drawing up plays to get their players in advantageous positions or scheme a score like the Cooks TD for NO.

We got a shitty version of John Fox out there talkin bout just line up and execute with your UDFAs against stud top picks and top players at their positions. Hey his style would work if we had top 10 at most positions...he's got that going for him I guess.

You do realize the Chip Kelly offense hasn't actually been good this year now that the NFL has seen it? Philly O already has 17 giveaways this year....almost double Carolina. Philly isn't winning bc of that O

Archived