• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok, let's say Hardy is reinstated and plays on MNF

Hotsauce

Let's pretend for a second we get Hardy of OLD last night.

Our DL consistently on a play by play basis was only .5 seconds away from the QB last year. I've never been so excited to watch a Defense in the way that I watch an Offense. Punting actually never truly bothered me.  I digress.

The obvious notion is, you take away that clean pocket that these QB's have had, they will rush throws. Rushing throws means less accuracy, less accuracy will do for our DB's the same thing a drink and low lights do for an ugly girl in the club.

It helps no doubt.

Look at any huge player on a teams defense with and without them. People here just want to hate and let him go somewhere else... they think we can just pay everyone nothing and expect to get great players. Let alone get them to even think about being in Carolina.

Does his presence alone, bring our defense back to a top 10? Top 5?

With a more elite defense, will that help the offense do just enough to score enough points to win games?

If Hardy comes back, does 1 player have what it takes to salvage a season?

He would if he was in mid season form. 

After being away from the team and not playing football for so long it's hard for me to imagine how he would have that much of an impact. 

By week 11 though....

Just the name alone would make the opposition turn their attention his way, allowing everybody else on the line to have one-on-one matchups again. Honestly, it would probably only take him 2 quarters to get back to himself. But don't count on it. The NFL won't allow it because they are still trying to save their own asses from their f*ck up.

Did you know that no professional athlete has ever been suspended for an entire year for a first-time misdemeanor offense? Not even if they're found guilty, not to mention just pending charges.

Technically Hardy isn't 'suspended' either. Ditto Adrian Peterson.

(not that it makes a difference to anyone but Hardy)

With a more elite defense, will that help the offense do just enough to score enough points to win games?

No. He will be rusty and may not even need a double team.

No. An addition of Hardy will not make the D elite.

No.

No need for me to make a long response to this question because Hardy isn't coming back this year and probably has played his l;ast game as a Carolina Panther. To answer the question...No Hardy coming back wouldn't salvage our season but he would certainly help improve ouir defense a lot..

Archived