• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Egg Drop Challenge Help Needed

Johnny Rockets

C-

put the egg on a magnet

Put a superconductive pad at the landing zone

Cool the room to -200 degrees celsius

The egg should levitate over the pad.

You're welcome.

You better hope that room is a closed system.  Entropy is a bitch.

Lol...that is not a bad idea. She is only 10 and in the fifth grade though so I am not sure I want "lawyer up" so to speak if she gets disqualified.  :)

I'm not even sure she gets graded on this. Supposedly she wins a prize if it doesn't break. With school budgets nowadays, it's probably a coupon for a free small Frosty on her next visit to a participating Wendy's restaurant. 

Make that a medium and I might be willing to convince the teacher that it would be in her best interests if your Daughter won.....

True story about this from when I was a kid.  We did this in our G&T class in 3rd grade.  My friend and I made a stabilized system with the rubber bands, padding, parachute, the whole thing.  Threw it out, barely bounced.  As we were getting the egg out, my friend drop the half opened container, breaking the egg.  Teacher didn't see it until after he broke it, gave us a no go.  Another friend of mine totally forgot to bring his rig to school, but only had a tin of those danish cookies for some reason.  He emptied it, stuffed it with tissue paper, and threw that like a frisbee off of the roof.  Landed like a grenade, rolled forever....and when he opened it the damn egg was still intact.  He got an A, we got a C.  

First and last C.  And I still have it under protest until this day.  

True story about this from when I was a kid.  We did this in our G&T class in 3rd grade.  My friend and I made a stabilized system with the rubber bands, padding, parachute, the whole thing.  Threw it out, barely bounced.  As we were getting the egg out, my friend drop the half opened container, breaking the egg.  Teacher didn't see it until after he broke it, gave us a no go.  Another friend of mine totally forgot to bring his rig to school, but only had a tin of those danish cookies for some reason.  He emptied it, stuffed it with tissue paper, and threw that like a frisbee off of the roof.  Landed like a grenade, rolled forever....and when he opened it the damn egg was still intact.  He got an A, we got a C.  

First and last C.  And I still have it under protest until this day.  

Braggart. 

:)

Archived