• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible Stewart Trade?

chknwing

Hidden

I'm not sure they would get a whole lot in return if people thought we were giving up on a second year player who was a first round pick. The trade would scream that there's something wrong with his Achilles.

Trade would be contingent on him passing a physical. IF he failed, everybody goes back to where thet came from.

So if I told you that I thought we could trade Moose and that Smitty, Jarrett, and Duke Robinson could handle the WR duties you'd call me a great thinker?

Hahahahaha exactly. Beavers is no RB, he's a 170 pound WR.

How you gonna take the Smash from Dash? the uble from Double Trouble? the Bruisin and leave the Cruisin? the Runnin from the Gunnin? Its like cereal and no milk, KoolAid no sugar, ham no burger...

Its was worth a thought and not much more, otherwise I coulda had more of the above...

"No sugar? Damn. Y'all ain't never got two things that match. Either y'all got Kool-aid, no sugar. Peanut butter, no jelly. Ham, no burger. Daaamn."

Reminds me of that quote from Friday, which I'm sure you were alluding too :D

stewart is that powerback that we have been missing since stephen davis went downhill.

they had tried for years to get one and finally got him. they aren't going to cut him loose or trade him.

here's something to consider...would they sit a player and talk about him having a sore achilles if they were going to trade him? how would that effect his value?

i will tell you that watching him move around it doesn't look like he is hurting with it all that much. there is no limp. he has participated in warm ups and stretches with the rest of the team. it isn't that big of a deal. they are sitting some players that they want fresh for the year. if the season was going he wouldn't be sitting. there just isn't any reason whatsoever to push these guys with minor problems at the moment.

either williams or stewart would have been missing most of TC out of a desire to make sure that you have at least one of them healthy for the year...especially late into the year. since stewart had the achilles soreness he was the logical choice. i would even go so far as to say that could be some of the reason for TD sitting out as well.

The truth is, we're being extremely optimistic if we think D-Will and J-Stew are going to be together on this team for the long term. They're too good to have both of them when they start commanding big salaries (unless they gave us some ridiculous hometown discount). With that said, J-Stew has hardly any trade value right now.

i don't think it's unrealistic to have them around long term. it doesn't happen with RBs often but there have been cases where WRs have been kept for long periods of time without much problem and both of them having big contracts. the same things happen with duos at other positions as well.

these two guys are spaced out far enough that they could both have big contracts and never conflict with each other or cause much problem for other players. neither of these two guys have much in the way of egos and hurney will do what he can to keep them happy financially.

Well its obvious carolina is babying this guys achilles and has probably come to the conclusion that this guys durability, is questionable. They are heavily stacked at RB/FB. Heres a thought,trade stewart for much needed help on the Dline, Deangelo, Goodson, and Beavers can handle the rb spot nicely

wtfareyouhigh_dialog.jpg

Archived