• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

deangelo williams injury - possibly broken hand

Gotta get this off my chest.. Whats with the hate? DeAngelo is one of the greatest Panthers to play for this young franchise. I know he sucks right now but not many RB's are worth a damn at 30 let alone pushing 32. He gave us many great years and did much more off the field for the fanbase than he ever could've done on the field. I understand and agree Stewart should be starting but that doesn't mean DeAngelo should be getting hated on like this. We probably watched him play the final game of his career yesterday and it should be a celebrated career by us Panther fans. DeAngelo will always be remembered for getting the NFL to wear pink in September and I think thats one hell of an accomplishment.

As young teen I was a huge DeAngelo Williams collector and he was always nice enough to let me mail him my sports cards, sign them and send them back to me.

BxMvBSECIAA6H4Y.jpg

BxMvBIJCIAAWHF5.jpg

So, Yeah...

honestly, i can see how these cards could make you a tad bias

the hate isn't with williams.

if the roles were reversed and williams was outplaying stewart, everyone would be screaming wanting to know why williams wasn't getting the ball more.

the underlying frustration from the fanbase is the blatantly obvious answers to certain issues on the team are being completely ignored by the staff.

signing autographs and going out of your way to make a fan happy doesn't put a mark in the win column...in the end, that's all a fan really wants.

The hate towards his playing is justified. That's fine. I'm referring to the many people on this forum who just downright dislike Williams for no apparent reason.

Gotta get this off my chest.. Whats with the hate? DeAngelo is one of the greatest Panthers to play for this young franchise. I know he sucks right now but not many RB's are worth a damn at 30 let alone pushing 32. He gave us many great years and did much more off the field for the fanbase than he ever could've done on the field. I understand and agree Stewart should be starting but that doesn't mean DeAngelo should be getting hated on like this. We probably watched him play the final game of his career yesterday and it should be a celebrated career by us Panther fans. DeAngelo will always be remembered for getting the NFL to wear pink in September and I think thats one hell of an accomplishment.

As young teen I was a huge DeAngelo Williams collector and he was always nice enough to let me mail him my sports cards, sign them and send them back to me.

BxMvBSECIAA6H4Y.jpg

BxMvBIJCIAAWHF5.jpg

So, Yeah...

We are a young franchise.....he would not be considered a franchise great anywhere but in an expansion team.

He had a great season. Then some decent ones. There are tons of those guys in the NFL.

Issue has always been people spinning comments as "hate"....that really is just football talk (involving a fan favorite)

Well obviously where there's smoke, there's fire... first I've heard of it, but I always got the impression DWill was a pretty stand up guy...

Examples?

Here's one example. My fiancé is a bartender at a local restaurant that he is a sometimes customer of. Every who works there absolutely despises him because he is rude, demanding, and tips under 10%. This restaurant has sushi as part of it's menu and he once said, "I want sushi but I don't want it to have fish in it."

As a person and a man, you're not gonna find a better guy than DeAngelo...

As an NFL RB, his time is up. We need to move on.

There are very few players any fan should feel confident in saying that stuff about.....

Lot of praised good dudes aren't......lot of perceived bad dudes aren't. Football again, really is simply real life.

I only feel confident I can say one NFL guy is a good dude. He ain't even a Panther. I THINK a lot likely are....but I ain't gonna claim I know it

Here's one example. My fiancé is a bartender at a local restaurant that he is a sometimes customer of. Every who works there absolutely despises him because he is rude, demanding, and tips under 10%. This restaurant has sushi as part of it's menu and he once said, "I want sushi but I don't want it to have fish in it."

This is the kind of thing I was looking for...  was not aware of this.  That sucks.  I hate people like that.

Want to see my OJ stuff?

My cousin had a Panthers t-shirt autographed by Rae Carruth, he met him at Foot Locker when Rae was a rookie. To this day he still says he was one of the nicest and friendliest athletes he's ever met.

How a player interacts with fans has nothing to do with what type of person they are. It's not hard to smile and be a "good guy" on social media or around fans.

We are a young franchise.....he would not be considered a franchise great anywhere but in an expansion team.

He had a great season. Then some decent ones. There are tons of those guys in the NFL.

Issue has always been people spinning comments as "hate"....that really is just football talk (involving a fan favourite)

people have a very tough time understanding this.

all the pro/con cam newton talk is another example.

Issue has always been people spinning comments as "hate"....that really is just football talk (involving a fan favorite)

I don't know what you mean on that last part :unsure:

My cousin had a Panthers t-shirt autographed by Rae Carruth, he met him at Foot Locker when Rae was a rookie. To this day he still says he was one of the nicest and friendliest athletes he's ever met.

How a player interacts with fans has nothing to do with what type of person they are. It's not hard to smile and be a "good guy" on social media or around fans.

A guy at Shelby's in Denver found a Rae Carruth signed football from before the draft. He bought it for a $1

Archived