• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adrian Peterson's appeal denied

Dexterity

I need to see some receipts of the child's "scritum" and "teaticles" getting bruised and bloody. A lot of us have been whipped with switches that left marks and we're still living without any problems. Hardly any torturing going on. That's what our gov.... never mind wrong side of the board. 

there were photos released. the child had open bleeding wounds weeks later. it was beyond "a woopin," it was torture.

So, is the issue here the what's and why's of him beating his kid, which he has admitted and should no longer be a point of contention; or is it the league's "personal conduct policy?"

I don't condone in any way, shape or form what Ray Rice or Adrian Peterson did. But the manner in which the league has meted out punishments in a very public manner while remaining very secretive and not forthcoming in their reasoning or methodology leaves me uneasy. Nothing about what the league is doing passes the smell test with me. 

Adrian Peterson, regardless of what we may think of him, was not going to win the appeal regardless. Not necessarily because of what he did, but because he pissed off Goodell by passing on the first hearing knowing it was a kangaroo court.

Greg Hardy? So, when he is found not guilty next year, who was really punished in 2014? The league suspending players with pay does nothing but punish the team. Even if Hardy is found guilty after his trial next year, he'll likely have whatever fines and anything else resolved before training camp- so what then? The league's ignorance of North Carolina's legal system was on full display in their misunderstanding of Hardy's case and I am absolutely appalled the NFLPA did nothing to support their player. 

It seems to me the NFL's policy essentially allows them to hand out whatever punishment they deem fitting based upon innuendo, rumor, accusation, regardless of what the local legal jurisdiction may or may not opt toward, and the thought of any employer having that much impact on a person's life is just a little scary.   

And, by the way, how many of you are aware corporal punishment is still completely legal in North Carolina schools?

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/north-carolina-law/north-carolina-corporal-punishment-in-public-schools-laws.html

If a school board permits corporal punishment, the following policies must be adopted:

• Other students may not be present during the punishment;
  • Only a principal, assistant principal, or teacher may administer the punishment and it must be in the presence of one of those authorized adults;
  • Notification of the punishment must be given to the student’s parents;
  • Record of the corporal punishment must be kept at the school;
  • No excessive force may be used (excessive force is that which causes an injury requiring medical attention beyond simple first aid).
"No excessive force may be used (excessive force is that which causes an injury requiring medical attention beyond simple first aid."

Welts, bruises, small cuts and scratches may be very easily interpreted as requiring nothing but simple first aid. So, it's not okay for Adrian Peterson but it is okay for some school teacher?

Again, I'm not condoning, but there are plenty of questions.

If anyone sees Those pictures and legitimately thought AP did nothing wrong, then you have serious problems and probably should never be allowed to care for children.

I believe in corporal punishment.

I took a switch a time or two when I was a kid.

Even with that background, I can't favor something on the level of what Adrian Peterson did.

That was just too much.

I'm not condoning it, but it is common practice.  I've been around it my whole life.    Did AP go to far, yes but the the guy I quoted said "tortured" which it wasn't.  AP didn't beat his kid for pleasure.  Huge difference.

I heard he put leaves in the kids mouth when he did it.

That... certainly crosses that line into the "cruel and unusual" territory that generally constitutes torture.  There is no requirement of sadism for torture to be in play.

Maybe im just a horrible person. But im in the boat of I dont much give a fug what he does in his personal time or to whom. Carry the football and run people over .. thats what youre here for and no amount of news about you raping or pillaging or beating your kids ass with a switch is going to make me care about you in any way outside of what you do on the field. I have my own drama to deal with.

Maybe im just a horrible person. But im in the boat of I dont much give a fug what he does in his personal time or to whom. Carry the football and run people over .. thats what youre here for and no amount of news about you raping or pillaging or beating your kids ass with a switch is going to make me care about you in any way outside of what you do on the field. I have my own drama to deal with.

Me too. I don't think he's wrong but I don't know nothing.

Me too. I don't think he's wrong but I don't know nothing.

Dont get it twisted I have my opinions on domestic violence and beating kids and such but thats for my own household is really my point im trying to make. Everyone else and I that arent directly involved with him should just ignore it as its not our problem

Archived