• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the Panthers lose should Ron Rivera return?

Bj-Monster23

This is potentially a make or break game for our season. So far things have been a disappointment up until this point of the season, but it looks like now with so much on the line we are getting back on the right track. The stipulations are high for this game because if we win we are in and if we lose we could be looking at a top 10 pick in the upcoming draft. Nothing makes more happy then winning this game and beating the dirty birds in the Georgia Dome despite our record and playing in a horrible division. Anything can happen in the playoffs you just got to get to the dance. I'm hopeful that the Panthers can win this game and if they do, they could potentially be a scary team in the playoffs. But hypothetically if we lose, should Ron Rivera return next season? Since we didn't win the division or make the playoffs with a under 500 record. I believe if we don't win this game there could be changes looming on black Monday.

I think so. Some quality talent has the potential to come in with the cap space we shoukd create this offseason. Not to say that we dont have any now.

Im still iffy on Shula but as far as Rivera goes I think he deserves one more year.

That's only because many Panther fans and their organization, all too often, hold very low standards for their team. :phew:

That's only because many Panther fans and their organization, all too often, hold very low standards for their team. :phew:

I don't think that the fans and organization have very low standards. I think the issue is if there was a change the grass may not always be greener on the other side. This game is critical in my opinion. I feel like Rivera needs to win this game to show that the last 3 wasn't a fluke.

I'm of the mind that he should be fired either way.

But realistically, if he wins the division, he stays. If he loses, he's probably safe unless it's an embarrassing loss.

If we get blown out in ugly fashion then he could possibly be in danger, but truthfully even that's no lock.

But realistically, if he wins the division, he stays. If he loses, he's probably safe unless it's an embarrassing loss.

If we get blown out in ugly fashion then he could possibly be in danger, but truthfully even that's no lock.

I'm really just on the fence with this one. I feel like even if he does lose he might return next season. But the point I guess I'm trying to make is does he deserved to return if we can't win this game and despite it been a horrible season in a horrible division. I also think changes could be made but I just don't know.

Yep. Win or lose he is the same guy. I think he has shown enough that it is just delaying things keeping.

Good dude, great DC. Not a HC.

But if he wins....he stays. I think he stays regardless since Dave extended him and all the odd things about this season

RR has some learning to do, yes.  However I don't think letting him go the year after his extension would be a smart business move.  He is the head coach and the buck stops with him.  Coaching changes will be coming, win or lose, but not Rivera.  I can see another 2 years with Rivera unless we bomb the next season.  I don't think that will happen given the rookie talent we have.

A light seems to come on in Rivera's head in December and he actually resembles a decent coach. Unfortunately it goes out and stays out until things are all but lost. This guy had better find a way to keep the light on or he will end up a DC again. When will that be? I think after one more miserable year. (not counting this one) 

Archived