• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"He's the most athletic Quarterback... Ever"

MichaelNewtonII

I actually think Vick and RG3 are both probably more athletic, but 'athletic' doesn't equal 'good quarterback'.

Newton is a better quarterback than those guys, and it's not even close.

i think rg3 and Vick are Faster... not more athletic, my view of athleticism has to do with a mix of height, speed, weight, vertical, agility, power though.. a lot of people define athleticism by speed though

What a no-talent douche. If that guy can get a job at NFL Network, anyone can.

Apparently most of those of you commenting in this thread don't get that they weren't saying that as a "compliment." The entire piece was just more "Cam sucks." You can go back and watch that guy's piece from October. There was nothing new here.

He's out in front saying that Cam has to win this game or that's just further proof that he sucks, as if 1) Matt Ryan doesn't still have anything left to prove or 2) QBs win games all by themselves. 

I think he's more athletic from a football perspective.

Dives over offensive lineman/defensive lineman for Tds.

Can Truck linebackers/safety's

Is quick/shifty (when healthy)

I think all those things play into athleticism from a football perspective

See and I look at it from a purely athletic perspective, not football centric.

I believe guys like Vick, RG3 and others are probably better pure athletes, but when you throw in football specific measures - and more to the point, QB skill metrics - Newton has a decided advantage.

Point was, that when you go to the combine, there are incredible athletes, even better than Cam, but their game does not necessarily make them a good pro.

Vick, was a better athlete, and maybe RGIII, but their games, although exciting for awhile, just did not work out.

I am just saying that we don't need to beat our chest about something, that at the end of the day, is not the determining factor in a QB's success

Not so sure either of those guys are as athletic as Cam. Sure they are smaller and faster/quicker but I think Cam is more of an all around athlete speed, strength, agility he demonstrates all 3 of those in my sig below. And to my knowledge NO Qb in the NFL has made a similar play than what Cam did in my sig.

Archived