• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilson for MVP....

WhoAmI?

Was the reason that playcall was made. There is no doubt in my mind about it. They wanted to pad Wilson's stats and make him the one to get the game winner so he was MVP of the superbowl and so he got all the headlines. Backfired on them badly. That is my only explanation when you have Beastmode on the 1 yd line, 2nd down, with 1 timeout and pass it.

It was going to be Wilsons' coming out party,  as a true elite qb..           when he marched his team down the field and threw a dart for a TD,  from the 1 yard line,  to win the SB.

The headlines were going to read "Patriots handled the Seahawks' legendary defense,  but had no answer for Wilson,  the SB QB Killer"

Was the reason that playcall was made. There is no doubt in my mind about it. They wanted to pad Wilson's stats and make him the one to get the game winner so he was MVP of the superbowl and so he got all the headlines. Backfired on them badly. That is my only explanation when you have Beastmode on the 1 yd line, 2nd down, with 1 timeout and pass it.

I agree with that. Hence they did not put the ball in Lynch's hands. Kinda like a statement to transition the offense over to Wilson.

Makes total sense to me,..

Probably why Carrolls explanation was so ridiculous.  He should have said flat out,.."it was a touchdown throw, not high risk, and Butler made a play.  99 times out of 100 it was a touchdown, and Id call it again. "

That would have shut up the controversy. Now we are off deflate gate and on the endless threads with everyone now an expert on what ifs in the past.

Butler makes one false move and everyone is talking about how brilliant the call was, how the whole Patriots defense sold out on Marshawn,.. bla bla bla.

Makes total sense to me,..

Probably why Carrolls explanation was so ridiculous.  He should have said flat out,.."it was a touchdown throw, not high risk, and Butler made a play.  99 times out of 100 it was a touchdown, and Id call it again. "

That would have shut up the controversy. Now we are off deflate gate and on the endless threads with everyone now an expert on what ifs in the past.

Butler makes one false move and everyone is talking about how brilliant the call was, how the whole Patriots defense sold out on Marshawn,.. bla bla bla.

Yeah, his explanation was weak. He actually sitting there saying they didn't run it because of their goalline package when that hadn't stopped them from still running it all year. Even Revis said in the post game that they weren't in a full goalline package. They wanted Wilson to get that game winner.

Its always a HERO call or a GOAT(and I mean a grass eating loser, not greatest of all time) looking back.  Thats a touchdown 99 of 100.  Its not so Bevell and the gang are the WORST,....COACHES,...EVER,....

If Kearse catches it,..

Russell is the GREATEST,...QUARTERBACK,....EVER,......

now hes not.

Archived