• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would Ereck Flowers be a reach at 25?

Galvatron

What do you see in Flowers that makes you say "stud"?

Currently I believe he's the best "true" LT out of the top five OLmen. Peat is second, but he may only be a RT. The others seem more like OGs and too raw.

Given hes basically the only true LT, he should go waaaay before 25. I wouldn't be surpised to see flowers in the top ten after after the meat shows are over. I don't think he fall pass 15, but I said top five for star(laugh at others whom hoped he'd fall), kev was 15-18 pick(basically the only one beating this drum).

Flowers has the best feet(super important), balance, and size out of draft pool. Another dream come true if he's there @ 25.

Edit o god chuck agrees with me

I like Collins as our LT but I don't know if he will be available. Flowers would be my second pick. After Peat got beat by Utah I don't want him in the 1st round. To me Clemmings would be a good 2nd or 3rd round pick. Ogbuehi would be a great late round pick, I never wanted him as a1st round pick but he does have potential which to me means a good late round pick.

Depends on if he's the best player available.

If he's not then move back. I know it's not likely we move up but when both Super Bowl combatants and 17 of the other 30 have a first rounder at LT, only 3 had an UDFA and the other 2 had a top pick at RT, it's a price that must be paid. GeniusMan certainly knows what he's doing but there obviously has to be some sense of sanity/balance between taking need and BPA.

From a fan's perspective, how would you feel about this o-line in August 2015

LT - Flowers 6'6" 325lbs

LG - Norwell 6'6" 310lbs

C - Kalil 6'2" 300lbs

RG - Turner 6'3" 320lbs

RT - Remmers 6'5" 300lbs

I'd much prefer:

LT - Dunlap 6'9" 330lbs

LG - Norwell 6'6" 310lbs

C - Kalil 6'2" 300lbs

RG - Turner 6'3" 320lbs

RT - Flowers 6'6" 325lbs

Remember this guy?

7711572.jpg

One of Ereck Flowers or TJ Clemmings is going to be this years Morgan Moses. Guy who every mock and expert has in the first round that falls A LOT further. My guess would be Clemmings just because his pass pro is REALLY shaky right now, and his hand usage sucks, but Flowers wouldn't surprise me either. One of those two guys will be on the board when we pick in the second. I just hope Ogbuehi is too.

He has premature-baby sized hands.  No wonder he sucks.  I bet his girlfriend is disappointed too.

Just my opinion but i keep feeling Gettleman will get a veteran LT in free agency, then go BPA on our draft board,in the first round of the draft.Some good player always falls down the draft board unexpectly and Gettleman will be sitting there ready to snap him up.

Gettleman has always said that his goal is to address needs in FA in order to free himself up to go BPA in the draft.  We still have some bad contracts on the books, but we do have a little bit of money to play with this year.  It'll be interesting to see what Gettleman does.  It's just tough to find proven starting caliber OTs in FA.  Those guys usually get PAID.

Archived