• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hardy Suspension Likely

Jeremy Igo

Understood.

That can actually work both ways, as is evidenced by those times when other team's fans get excited about a former Panther player or coach, but fans on here say 'buyer beware'.

Just a question Scot...

When reading the circumstances and transcripts of this case (like the league office will do) .... What is your interpretation of what happened that night..

But it does to the Nflpa and their members. . Demorris Smith isn't going to sit by and get ran over again by the NfL..

That is correct because at some point the NFLPA is going to have to grow a pair and stand up to Goodell and his NFL image cleaning campaign,something he is getting way out of control with. Seems the courts and laws of the land are beginning to mean nothing to him.

Just a question Scot...

When reading the circumstances and transcripts of this case (like the league office will do) .... What is your interpretation of what happened that night..

The only remaining transcripts are those taken by the clerk, hired by Greg Hardy's lawers,no way in hades are they going to let Goodell check them out and he can't force them. So you can put the transcript theory to rest.

The only remaining transcripts are those taken by the clerk, hired by Greg Hardy's lawers,no way in hades are they going to let Goodell check them out and he can't force them. So you can put the transcript theory to rest.

Telling the NFL they cannot see the transcripts would only make the decision quicker and more severe.

That is correct because at some point the NFLPA is going to have to grow a pair and stand up to Goodell and his NFL image cleaning campaign,something he is getting way out of control with. Seems the courts and laws of the land are beginning to mean nothing to him.

Goodell has massively monetized the league through advertising.  When this happens there is a point when media essentially takes the reigns of an industry.  What are you gonna do though when the owners and players are willing to deal with it for big money?

I don't BLAME Goodell for this.  In some ways I respect his work, especially his initiative and openness of allowing the NFL to grow with modern technology.  Lets be real: What we pay for in tickets is a fraction of what they get from advertisers and TV deals.

I don't think there is any way you can read the transcript and decide that there wasn't a physical altercation of some sort in his apartment along with lots of unsecured weapons present while both of them were drunk and maybe high

You can see :

1. No arrests at the scene of the crime. .

2. No mention of weapons at the scene of the crime. .

3. Story change 3 times during the case...

4. 10 hours unaccounted for after the 911 call and her going to the hospital and filling a report. .

5. Scared for her life but calling Hardy and his handlers 20x before filling yhar report. .

And there will be many more uneven facts to read..

You can see :

1. No arrests at the scene of the crime. .

2. No mention of weapons at the scene of the crime. .

3. Story change 3 times during the case...

4. 10 hours unaccounted for after the 911 call and her going to the hospital and filling a report. .

5. Scared for her life but calling Hardy and his handlers 20x before filling yhar report. .

And there will be many more uneven facts to read..

Doesn't matter. She's a woman and they never lie about this sort of thing.

Telling the NFL they cannot see the transcripts would only make the decision quicker and more severe.

Here is Sparky151's take (LOL) from PFT's message board on the matter:

1. sparky151 says:Feb 11, 2015 10:38 AM

Hardy will tell the league he doesn’t have a copy, that it’s in his attorney’s hands. The attorney will then explain that it was created by his transcriptionist as part of the case and is his work product and privileged, just as much as what an investigator he hired might have found or what Hardy told the attorney in confidence. The league can try to suspend Hardy for that but the NFLPA would pretty easily win a grievance over the matter since it hasn’t been collectively bargained.

Now of course I don't know, but this guy sounds like he has some legal experience. Regardless, it sounds very possible.

Ray Rice won his appeal to the courts, but circumstances were different

Peterson still has a case that needs to be resolved thay could more directly influence what happens to Hardy

I still don't think he gets suspended and if he does i fully expect that it will end up in court too

Why everything has to be punitive to some people is beyond me. It was two people who apparently worked out any diss agreement they had between them. Why? Because they were BOTH wrong. Criminally wrong? NO! Not every end of a relationship should end with charges like some of you would like it to. Just imagine if that doctrine was applied to your own life? It was a break up! The media twisted the story for the agenda they were on. They were wrong. Some of you want him punished for DV soooooooo bad you can taste it! Get a hobbie

You don't have to like a guy, his skin color, the clothes he wears, his choice in women, the car he drives, whatever, but as long as he not Aaron Hernandez or Ray Rice and he can play football at a high level I don't give a shat! A man should be allowed to work. This a freakin' FOOTBALL team we are talking about here.

If Cam got a tattoo and grew dreads and started freestyling, oh boy!

The DA is being coy and knew what it was doing when they said a civil settlement may have been reached (remember they didn't say they knew one had been reached)

What they didn't say was that any civil settlement cannot be contingent on a victim not testifying or appearing.

She flaked. She was telling the DA all the way back in October she didn't want another trial. Then quit talking to them altogether in November.

Again, you can't reach a settlement that has the condition she not testify or evade service (i.e. not show up)

DA probably got excited about a high profile case, she probably got cold feet, DA tells Holder "Even so i will just subpoena you", so she goes onto hiding to avoid it.

DA has egg on his face. Leaks possible settlement to save face.

That is my theory.

A victim can reach a settlement where she can ask the DA to go easy on defendant, accept a plea bargain, or drop the charges. That is the extent of any settlement can do and it remains the DA's discretion how to proceed.

And as always if I am wrong any Huddle lawyers feel free to correct me

ETA: it is also not allowed for an attorney to advise a client to go into hiding or give instructions how to do it, but they can explain consequences if client asks about what may happen

Archived