• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hardy Suspension Likely

Jeremy Igo

Didn't the NFL damage their own brand by the handling of the Ray Rice incident? You know they saw that video. And if they actually didn't, then they didn't want to. Hardy is being lynched so they can save some face.

I really hope the Panthers are raising hell for how badly we got shafted.

They are, but you will never hear it in the media. It's an on going closed door discussion.

On March 10, Greg Hardy will no longer be under contract to anyone in the league. If the league announces a suspension before he signs a contract, how does the league suspend someone who is not technically a player in the league?

On the other hand, what team is going to enter into any contract negotiations without knowing what the league may/will impose with respect to further discipline?

Seems to me the league has to make the first move here and I'm not sure how they can suspend or take any other disciplinary action against a player who isn't under contract to anyone and is, for all intents and purposes, not even a part of the league until he signs a contract. 

Its likely that they tell any team that wants to sign him to be aware there is a good chance that he will not be available for the first 6 games of his contract with said team. Or at some point during the first season, he will not be available for 6 games.  I do wonder if the team signing him could somehow figure that in to to his contract, ie pay him 6 million for his first year, and then 12 million (or whatever number is decided) for the next few seasons.  Or would such an agreement not be allowed?   

They aren't happy I'm sure. But they work for Jerry Richardson. What are the chances employees of Richardson air dirty laundry about the NFL in public?

Oh yeah I don't think they will.

They are level-headed pros.

I'm just glad they are so worked up about it. You could hear it in Gettleman's voice at his end of year presser.

They are, but you will never hear it in the media. It's an on going closed door discussion.

The situation is literally so far in uncharted waters that it's hard to comprehend. Our highest paid player was taken away from us by the NFL before he had his day in the court of U.S. law. And we still made the playoffs!

There is no precedent set for something like this, but surely something can be done.

What do you expect from a powder sniffer or what ever the drug relationship was.  I do question that if Hardy new of the drug use, why was she his girl friend?

Well, I think Hardy may have been using too. The Sunglasses indoors during interviews, the weird pseudo-intellectual statements/interviews that made him look not as smart as he thinks he is and all the damn nose touching going on before this shenanigans broke. Or am I the only one that noticed that?

He had a bench trial in which the female judge found him guilty based on some sketchy circumstances. He appealed so that he could be judged by a jury of his peers. This jury trial never happened because the state did not believe that it could not make a credible case due to the alleged victim being uncooperative.

Well, I think Hardy may have been using too. The Sunglasses indoors during interviews, the weird pseudo-intellectual statements/interviews that made him look not as smart as he thinks he is and all the damn nose touching going on before this shenanigans broke. Or am I the only one that noticed that?

He has bad allergies/asthma

The League is going to review the bench trial testimony, take into account the settlement agreement, factor in the DV poostorm from last year, and they are going to either suspend him as a first time offender of their DV policy or suspend him for detrimental conduct. It'll happen before March 10th and it will have an impact on his market value. Considering all that and the contract negotiations the Panthers have to navigate, it's best to move on.

Archived