• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Voth changed his opinion of Hardy's future?

Nick_81

You are so full of it on this subject. . You had no problem agreeing and running with Voth when it fit your opinion. . Now that the person who was the 1st on the "Hardy not being back bandwagon" is admitting that a change in that mindset is possible. . You call him a fluff writer... This isn't Panthers .com... Voth doesn't work for the team.. He wouldn't make a fluff piece contradicting his strongly posted opinion. ..He has had since the beginning of the season. .. Unless he is getting a different info than he was getting before. .

And really all he is saying now is that Hardy maybe trying to get back on the team and he has a swell of support from members and staff of the team who Jerry might listen to... He still believes it won't happen... He's only admitting now that it isn't as much of a sure thing as it was before. .

I don't think he is a fluff writer. I think it is the offseason and he is merely doing what he has to do....get people to stay interested.

Like his article on what it takes for Hardy to be here earlier. It was basically a this is why he won't be here article in disguise.

And I haven't formed any opinions based on his stuff. I formed them on my on. Bc Hardy being here doesn't make much sense in my mind for a list of reasons.

Can anyone else answer this?

Le'Von Bell had a misdemeanor case for marijuana possession pending the whole season, why wasnt he placed on the exempt list?

Or is that only Domestic Violence charges?

When the NFL bought up this idea about an exempt list, the media mentioned it would be used for all pending charges.

Roger Goodell wanted to save his own ass and that's why it won't be used for all pending charges against all players. The media was setting up to crucify Roger Goodell when the found out he saw or didn't see the video. He wanted to save face and make this situation go away. The NFL wasn't thinking about Greg Hardy until the Ray Rice incident happen.

Can anyone else answer this?

Le'Von Bell had a misdemeanor case for marijuana possession pending the whole season, why wasnt he placed on the exempt list?

Or is that only Domestic Violence charges?

When the NFL bought up this idea about an exempt list, the media mentioned it would be used for all pending charges.

Bc smoking weed and beating women aren't viewed as comparable crimes

I swear this is a flame board rather than a discussion board ... cant even get a simple question answer without stupid poo getting sprayed around.

Jeremy ... I am sorry to tell you ... in the eyes of the court they are comparable ... both are MISDEMEANORS!!!!! In the public eye is where the differences occur.

and before everyone losing their mind ... yes hitting a female or child is worse than smoking pot. 

My point is the NFL said everyone would be placed on this list while waiting for the cases to be heard.

DID THEY OR DID THEY NOT SAY THAT?!?!? ... thats all I am asking.

Yes I am a Hardy fan ... but the question is about that list .. not if hardy was guilty or innocent or if he will be back or not

Do you not understand that the court of public opinion and it's effect on the NFL brand is all that matters now?

As far as the NFL is concerned, beating a woman is 1000x more damaging to their brand than smoking weed, and rightfully so.

I completely understand that

but my question is about the list and what the NFL said about what players will be put on the list in the future. I remember them saying any player awaiting a decision on they cases (by jury or judge) would be placed on this list.

Just wanting to know if the list is only for Violent acts or for everyone .... of course it could come down to only the commissioner decides who goes on the list no matter what the crime is.

Can anyone show me in print as to who goes on the list.

I have a feeling, it will be a while before it is used again. 

I dont think the NFL intended for the exempt list to be used for drug offenses. It is for unusual circumstances according to this:http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2014/09/Screen-Shot-2014-09-17-at-11.39.40-AM-495x378.png

Yeah I am pretty sure it wasnt designed for drug offenses or half the NFL would be on the list  lol ... But if a player was caught with a large amount or trafficking, I am sure he will go on the list.

so it basically boils down to the Commissioner can place anyone on the list that he wants to.

the NFLPA should try to get a handle on that. 

I dont think the debate is whether it is ethical to bring him back. The question is: Is the defense that much better  with him on the field vs what it would look like without him?

Keep in mind this defense was top 5 when they finished the year. Having Hardy would obviously take them to a new level of unprecedented dominance. But would it be necessary given the other contracts we will need to tend to?

I think that's what's going through G-mans head. Everyone knows the suspension was BS.

Archived