• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who "has Jerry Richardson's ear"?

Mr. Scot

The point of this change in many opinions is the thinking that Greg might actually be willing to play here for below his value. .. If he wasn't Bill Voth wouldn't even waste his time writing this story. ..

The only reason Smitty wasn't more of a money pit at times. . Is because the Panthers didn't punish his actions accordingly. . He could have been suspended more for fights with teammates and fights against opponents. .

It is very hard to see Hardy coming back here unless he is willing to effectively bend to the Panthers demands... but the only reason this is even discussed now is this might be a possibility. ..

As CRA, I thinks Voth is just trying to get hits.

What incentive would Hardy have playing for below market value, unless he gets rewarded later. And even that makes no sense, cause he can always screw up at a moments notice.

Voth, can say what he want about the Panthers talking to Hardy. Not sure he makes much difference, unless it's for below market value.

However, I don't think anyone knows (including Voth) if this is even close to a possibility.

As CRA, I thinks Voth is just trying to get hits.

What incentive would Hardy have playing for below market value, unless he gets rewarded later. And even that makes no sense, cause he can always screw up at a moments notice.

Voth, can say what he want about the Panthers talking to Hardy. Not sure he makes much difference, unless it's for below market value.

However, I don't think anyone knows (including Voth) if this is even close to a possibility.

Voth can write a whole series on draft and draft prospects and get hits... He doesn't have to write a article contradicting his long stated opinion of the Hardy situation. .. He even on a radio interview actually stated "he could be wrong" for the 1st time ...When other times he had no doubt that Greg was done here... What media person wants to admit that unless there's a chance they are wrong..

It's the dumbest thing ever to think a Beat writer wants to retract his opinion with no reason to do so...

Rick Bonnell for weeks told people "there was no chance the Hornets were interested in signing Lance Stephenson"... He didn't change his opinion until they were in negotiations with Lance Stephehson. .. Than you started seeing Bonell writing contradictory stories to his previous opinion. ..

This story with Voth is the same situation. .. Voth has stated without a shed of a doubt that Hardy wouldn't be here past last season.. Even before Training Camp.. He hasn't shown any doubt until this week.. So obviously he is hearing different things than what he was hearing before or he wouldn't have wasted his time...

Voth can write a whole series on draft and draft prospects and get hits... He doesn't have to write a article contradicting his long stated opinion of the Hardy situation. .. He even on a radio interview actually stated "he could be wrong" for the 1st time ...When other times he had no doubt that Greg was done here... What media person wants to admit that unless there's a chance they are wrong..

It's the dumbest thing ever to think a Beat writer wants to retract his opinion with no reason to do so...

Rick Bonnell for weeks told people "there was no chance the Hornets were interested in signing Lance Stephenson"... He didn't change his opinion until they were in negotiations with Lance Stephehson. .. Than you started seeing Bonell writing contradictory stories to his previous opinion. ..

This story with Voth is the same situation. .. Voth has stated without a shed of a doubt that Hardy wouldn't be here past last season.. Even before Training Camp.. He hasn't shown any doubt until this week.. So obviously he is hearing different things than what he was hearing before or he wouldn't have wasted his time...

I guess my point that is overlooked is....

Voth's article doesn't really contradict his prior opinions.

He again states Hardy is likely gone and the owner and FO don't trust him.....in the article people are claiming is him changing his stance. He just is explaining the longshot odds bc he finally had something come up to help support the tiny percentage shot of him being a Panther.....which he stated again he doesn't believe will happen.

I guess my point that is overlooked is....

Voth's article doesn't really contradict his prior opinions.

He again states Hardy is likely gone and the owner and FO don't trust him.....in the article people are claiming is him changing his stance. He just is explaining the longshot odds bc he finally had something come up to help support the tiny percentage shot of him being a Panther.....which he stated again he doesn't believe will happen.

Nobody is saying he is changing his thinking on the situation... All people are saying that his opinion of it being a "forgone conclusion" is changing. .. Which it has.. Bill wouldn't waste his time if he still had no doubt that Hardy is gone...

None of this changes anything.

The balls in Hardy's court. Unless he's willing to play for less, it's highly unlikely he's coming back to Charlotte.

Easier said than, done!

Not that complicated.

I don't feel it's a fluff piece at at all. Not Bill's style. He would not report on things that aren't actually happening. He is as tuned in to the organization as anyone else out there. I would take the article at its face value.

Leave the fluff to BR.

I think Voth is awesome. I pretty much only come here and there for Panther stuff at this stage. Observer, ESPN, etc is just bleh for a Panther fan.

Yall should just merge and take over the world

None of this changes anything.

The balls in Hardy's court. Unless he's willing to play for less, it's highly unlikely he's coming back to Charlotte.

Easier said than, done!

Not that complicated.

That's the point. . The reason why Bill is even wasting time on this could be Hardy trying to accommodate Panthers demands on him being here... We don't know Hardy heart and loyalty for this team.. He might be willing to do the things he needs to stay on this team... And that is the reason Bill wrote the articles..

The point of this change in many opinions is the thinking that Greg might actually be willing to play here for below his value. ..

I'll believe that when Hardy and his agent Drew Rosenhaus come out in public saying that they'd be willing to do that.

I've watched Rosenhaus for years and I can't think of a single time where he allowed his client to play for LESS money than they are worth on the NFL market playing a game that can end your career in a split second.

Hardy may be that stupid.  I'm thinking that Rosenhaus is not.

(And, in all seriousness, I think Hardy is smart as well and there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that he would agree to such a thing in the end either.)

Archived