• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can't afford Maclin? Draft Agholor.

top dawg

He should be in the conversation for #25. His combine was pretty eye-opening and fits the type of WR we need. His ability to contribute on special teams and get behind defenders is up there with the rest of the tier that will be there at 25. DGB has red flags, Funchess doesn't fit what we need, so it's between Agholor, Strong and D. Smith.

Honestly, I'd be happy with any of this lot except for Funchess.

That's if you're reaching for a wide receiver. Gettleman has said time and time again that he won't be reaching for a need.

I'll hitch it...there are a lot of guys that could've been for one reason or another.  Stay durable, stay productive, and don't suck.

Fine....without using "he's a USC WR", how does Nelson Agholor compare to any of those players? 

I just got around to watching a lot of his film. What stuck out most to me was his field vision. It's absolutely amazing on punt returns and when he has the ball in his hands. If we can't get Ginn or Jones and we end up drafting Agholor, I'd be confident with him back there returning for us. Fielding a punt is a lot different from college to NFL, but seeing the field and using your blockers isn't that much different. He'd be a guy with very good home run ability on returns that would help us immediately. Also he looked very good and balanced running many different routes and has deceiving and sudden acceleration. Could be good YAC, but what bothers me is he is kind of like Ginn in that he always tries to avoid contact. I think he could step in opposite KB and be an immediate contributor. I'm thinking he would be a fantastic 2nd rounder for us if we could get him there,

Well isn't avoiding contact kind of the point? I don't understand your issue.

Well, yes and no. It's about getting the most possible positive yards. I've seen both Ginn and this kid numerous times run out of bounds to avoid contact when he could've easily gotten 5 more yards. and maybe even more or broken a tackle and gone all the way. And I can't see Agholor going down the middle and holding onto a catch with a hit coming. He plays kind of scared. Smitty's such a monster because he fight his hardest for every extra inch. Agholor won't get any yards after contact. Smitty made his career on it. I know I shouldn't compare him to Smitty, I'm just saying that's a part of his game that I don't like. Having that aspect of taking hits and getting more out of them is a big part of being a successful WR, in my opinion. That's why I liked Philly this past year, he's a small motherfuger but he fought for those yards. It's not taking away from me wanting us to get him in the 2nd, I just think if he embraced that contact and tried to break tackles and fight for more yards, he'd be more successful.

Archived