• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can't afford Maclin? Draft Agholor.

top dawg

I saw the computer comp on NFLN, and Mike Mayock said it was an interesting comparison---his tone giving me the feeling that he was actually considering it to be somewhat true, so I looked him up, and maybe...

AGHOLOR.MAC_.png

Nelson Agholor looks fairly smooth and looks to be a threat on punt returns.  An unnamed NFC scout apparently believes that his ceiling is as a slot receiver.  Perhaps the scout is right, but it sure does look like he can play on the outside when I look at his highlights, and he looks fairly physical.  As for speed, he ran a 4.42 which is almost identical to Maclin's 4.45

I doubt he makes it to us in the second.  We'd have to take him at 25 and he'd probably be worth it too.

There would have to be a run on WRs and OTs for us to probably even consider taking him in the first, and so far Agholor doesn't have a first round grade.  It's still early though, so who knows what will happen?

Ya its too early, for all we know he could have a first round grade next week this stuff changes all the time.  I really don't think he'd be much of a reach at 25, he's explosive, a great route runner, and fills a need as a returner.

104 catches in 2014 (3rd USC all time)

USC punt return for TD record (4)

2013: 19.1 yards per punt return (school record)

obviously getting him in the 2nd would be ideal, but I could see a team like the Raiders snagging him early 2nd.

Love Agholor. He'd be a great fit here and a good compliment to Kelvin. Doubtful he's around in the 2nd round and I actually think he could be worth a 1st.

At 25 we may end up having our choice between Strong, Agholor, Perriman, Devin Smith, and DGB. All very good players that could instantly start for us and be difference makers. 

Love Agholor. He'd be a great fit here and a good compliment to Kelvin. Doubtful he's around in the 2nd round and I actually think he could be worth a 1st.

At 25 we may end up having our choice between Strong, Agholor, Perriman, Devin Smith, and DGB. All very good players that could instantly start for us and be difference makers.

The question is who to choose from them 5 or another person or position

Archived