• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D Will says Panthers didn't reach out to him when his mother died

QCkilla

Sorry to here about your motherinlaw but in no way shape or form is it a comparable situation.

You don't realize how wrong you are. They were every bit as tight as the players are with upper management and ownership. The players and the coaches have a particular close relationship, family feel. GM and ownership? It's business.

I like it that way.

And here we have the most stupid response to date. Congratulations.

if you want to literally feel yourself getting dumber read his and shelbypanther's post history

somehow shitcan teams like the browns, raiders, and jaguars can manage to field a roster and sign free agents but a back to back division champion is going to struggle to do it because of weak attendance at a player's mom's funeral

You don't realize how wrong you are. They were every bit as tight as the players are with upper management and ownership. The players and the coaches have a particular close relationship, family feel. GM and ownership? It's business.

I like it that way.

You like it what way? You do realize that actual winning organizations behave with a since of class. Cutting Dwill is business. Not sending a representative or even reaching out until weeks later is classless. You said you guys didn't expect anything from her job, the fact that Deangelo did should tell you he was made feel that things were different. I expect certain people in my life to be there for me and others I don't. If I expect somebody to be there for me it's because they've given me reason to believe they would be.

My wife lost her mom to cancer two years ago. Her company gave her ample time off and sent flowers. That was more than we expected. 

I guess its about expectations, and apparently Deangelo had his too high. 

Bingo. People thinking the whole world should stop when theirs does, then getting upset when it doesn't.

Bingo. People thinking the whole world should stop when theirs does, then getting upset when it doesn't.

I don't understand how easy you think you can put yourself in his shoes. You don't know his relationships with the team. If somebody close to you died there are certain people that you EXPECT to be there for you, period. And if they aren't no doubt you'd be disappointed. This situation is no different.

You like it what way? You do realize that actual winning organizations behave with a since of class. Cutting Dwill is business. Not sending a representative or even reaching out until weeks later is classless. You said you guys didn't expect anything from her job, the fact that Deangelo did should tell you he was made feel that things were different. I expect certain people in my life to be there for me and others I don't. If I expect somebody to be there for me it's because they've given me reason to believe they would be.

At least read the article from the Observer to see what you are attempting to argue against.

Smh someone dropped the ball big time, whether teammates or F.O. The recent image were portraying as a franchise is tarnishing year by year.

I hope there's a legit reason players or coaches didn't send their condolences or pay respect

Yet another person arguing with no knowlege if what occurred.

Gettleman called him that night.

I'm mainly talking about JR not reaching out until weeks later. I honestly can't blame people for not going to the funeral, but if Deangelo feels like the team wasn't there for him I have to believe he is justified in feeling so. Some people just don't do funerals and I underatand that. I'll give you the perfect example, when I was 16 I was in the hospital with a life threatening situation. One of my bestfriends never came to the hospital because he didnt like hospitals, but when I got home he was by my side constantly. So I wouldn't ever say he wasn't there for me because he was. If deangelo says the team wasn't there for him, that means something to me. But like you said maybe his expectations were too high. The question is was it JR and the organization that set that standard and just didn't follow through? Wasn't it said that coach and GM attended CJ's grandmother funeral?

Archived