• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Free Agent News

Mr. Scot

We're going to need an edge rusher to replace GH. If anybody goes down that may just be our weakest spot on defense. Much like QB, WR and T there is a learning curve associated with a premium position in the NFL and it usually takes a couple years for a guy to become effective so rookies and 2nd year guys not named Julius Peppers scare me.

Seriously worried about the talent level at DE. The only times this franchise has ever made any noise it was with elite talent there at the DE. You can't let a veteran anchor DE go without replacing the gap.

We've been worried about LT so much that the need for a DE has been overlooked. We need a free agent

Names.  Who do you want?  We've signed Oher and Ginn, both of whom fit the need to potentially fill huge holes that we have.  Namely, a PR/deep threat WR and a starting OT.  Neither of whom we invested major guaranteed money in meaning that we have little commitment to them if the signings don't work out.  Fortunately, we have inside info on both seeing that Ginn was just here the season before last and our OL coach is Oher's former OL coach in Baltimore.  Those are good FA signings in my mind.

I'd still like to see us make a play to further upgrade the WR corps.  Guys like Cecil Short, Denarius Moore, Hakeem Nicks, Michael Crabtree, Eddie Royal ,etc. are names I wouldn't mind seeing brought in.  Rolling the dice on a former elite OT like Jake Long might not be a bad idea either.  Make it an incentive laden deal and that way if he can't come back from the ACL or his heart is no longer in it, then no harm, no foul.

I just don't get where you're coming from.  You're freaking out here, but you don't seem to have anyone in mind.  You concede that we aren't going to be players for the elite FA talent and evidently you aren't happy with the likes of Oher and Ginn, so WHO DO YOU WANT that has you in panic mode?

Growl, are you gonna name some names or are you just going to keep whining while adding nothing to the conversation?

Growl, are you gonna name some names or are you just going to keep whining while adding nothing to the conversation?

As I've already said, the "conversation" isn't about names, it's about philosophy, and I frankly don't care to go listing out every player I'm watching this free agency period.

However, I, like most everyone who thinks the team would be better off adding talented players than not, am not clamorous for the glamorous. Nobody here on this board I've seen is screaming for a "splash" but players who we are confident can come in and be strong starters and not jerricho Cotchery or Jason Avant or Tiquan underwood or whomever.

As I've already said, the "conversation" isn't about names, it's about philosophy, and I frankly don't care to go listing out every player I'm watching this free agency period.

However, I, like most everyone who thinks the team would be better off adding talented players than not, am not clamorous for the glamorous. Nobody here on this board I've seen is screaming for a "splash" but players who we are confident can come in and be strong starters and not jerricho Cotchery or Jason Avant or Tiquan underwood or whomever.

Okay, so you're just gonna keep whining while adding nothing.  Gotcha.  Carry on.

So no names cool. Thaaaaaaaanks I value your input. ;-)

Harry Douglas a Titan also

Smart to jump on the "value" (or whatever code name were giving them this year) players early rather than waiting a week or two and trying to get them then because you think you're crafty.

Do that and you're competing with other teams and have to lower your standards even further to get the players nobody is talking to.

It's how you get a Cotchery when you wanted a Nicks, for example.

Giants Sign RB Shane Vereen

Giants deal with RB Shane Vereen is now done.

Vereen, 25, ran for 391 yards on 96 carries (4.1 YPC) to go along with 52 receptions for 447 yards receiving and five total touchdowns for the Patriots.

Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 28 running back out of 57 qualifying players. We have Vereen listed as the No. 67 play in our Top 100 Free Agents list.

Archived