• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Free Agent News

Mr. Scot

I hope Hardy doesn't bow down to this joke of a league. I've accepted he won't be playing with us, but he shouldn't have to accept a damn thing considering he was only supposed to be put on the list until his case came to a resolution.

Well, it came to a resolution and they are still dicking him around and it's not right.

I hope Hardy doesn't bow down to this joke of a league. I've accepted he won't be playing with us, but he shouldn't have to accept a damn thing considering he was only supposed to be put on the list until his case came to a resolution.

Well, it came to a resolution and they are still dicking him around and it's not right.

Local news was saying he agreed to give the league the trial documents they've been asking for.

Would you interpret his willingness to compromise on this as a sign that the money means more to I'm than his reputation?

Local news was saying he agreed to give the league the trial documents they've been asking for.

Would you interpret his willingness to compromise on this as a sign that the money means more to I'm than his reputation?

No. That would be an unfair interpretation.  There are more than a few guys out there who would tire of the situation and do what it takes to play football (which is what a pro competitor worth his salt wants to do, not sit on his ass and collect money). That being said, I wouldn't mind if Hardy would take a stand, but it's his life and career.  There will undoubtedly be another who will be willing to fight more battles. 

Edit: And, in my opinion, his reputation has already been damaged.  The best way for him to repair it is to stay out of trouble and be a beast on the football field, and a civic-minded citizen off the field.

Got a mention over at NFL.com re Andre Johnson landing spots:

Other possibilities:

Carolina Panthers: GM Dave Gettleman is still trying to rebuild his wide receiver group after last year's purge. Johnson lining up across from Kelvin Benjamin isn't a bad thought.

Got a mention over at NFL.com re Andre Johnson landing spots:

Other possibilities:

Carolina Panthers: GM Dave Gettleman is still trying to rebuild his wide receiver group after last year's purge. Johnson lining up across from Kelvin Benjamin isn't a bad thought.

Yeh, but can't believe they put ATL in front of us. Surprised they are currently considered a Super Bowl contender.

I think its the only way he gets off the list before FA ends. The NFL is not going to be wrong in this situation even when all the evidence points that way.

In number news, Bills RB C J Spiller had reportedly turned down a deal for 4.5 million from the Bills (prompting the trade for LeSean McCoy) while a reporter for ESPN thinks Rams OT Joe Barksdale will be looking for a contract around 7 million a year or so.  And in Green Bay, WR Randall Cobb reportedly turned down an offer for a five year deal that would have paid hem between 8 and 9 million per year.

Mr. Barksdale has a very high opinion of himself, methinks.

And it would seem like that number would be right around what Cobb deserves... maybe the guaranteed money that was offered was crappy?

Archived