• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Hoping To Sign Oher and Ginn Before Tuesday

rscott94

Oher has been garbage for years. He's another Byron Bell. He's not even a good backup, but our options are slim in FA. Hope we just give him a 1 year deal for vet min as a backup to whoever we draft, then replace him with a better backup next FA

He was quite serviceable in Baltimore, the Titans just offered him way too much. His best two seasons were his first two, the same two years that Matsko was his OL coach. We need to add a vet OT and Oher is about as good as we can expect. The FA OT market is mighty light.

@RavensInsider

Jacoby Jones' two-year Chargers deal has a maximum value of $5.5 million, according to a source

I'd say that's more than fair for someone like Jones or Ginn.

And Wilson corrects himself.

@RavensInsider

Jacoby Jones' two-year Chargers deal has a base value of $5.5 million, according to a source

Still.

Thanks for reminding me. Need to buy more popcorn so I can watch the Huddle implode at 4:30pm Tuesday when no one is signed. Y'all are gonna be so entertaining.

No mock drafts from me after Tuesday, just plain mockery of the Chicken Littles

Apparently some folks are getting an early start :rolleyes:

He'll likely come pretty cheap, he's still pretty young at 28, he's a pure talent upgrade over Byron Bell with high upside, and he's reuniting with his O-Line coach from his first few years in the NFL. It's a low risk, possible high reward signing. I still expect the Panthers to draft a potential LT but this could be a great stopgap move while they develop someone else.

So much this. Well said and succinctly which I'm not capable of.

He'll likely come pretty cheap, he's still pretty young at 28, he's a pure talent upgrade over Byron Bell with high upside, and he's reuniting with his O-Line coach from his first few years in the NFL. It's a low risk, possible high reward signing. I still expect the Panthers to draft a potential LT but this could be a great stopgap move while they develop someone else.

Oher would most likely be a horrible stopgap but we have slim pickings this year in FA. Oher is not an NFL player. Nobody wants him except for us because we are desperate. We will get him for vet minimum. Oher is not a talent upgrade over Bell. If whoever we draft can’t beat out Oher Day 1 I'll be worried about the guy we drafted

He'll likely come pretty cheap, he's still pretty young at 28, he's a pure talent upgrade over Byron Bell with high upside, and he's reuniting with his O-Line coach from his first few years in the NFL.  It's a low risk, possible high reward signing.  I still expect the Panthers to draft a potential LT but this could be a great stopgap move while they develop someone else. 

Agreed. I think we should draft a LT and draft a future RT unless they think Foucault can be the successor to Oher if we land him

Apparently some folks are getting an early start :rolleyes:

No point trying to reason with hyper-emotionally sensitive mentally challenged drama kings. The only purpose they have in life is to be made fun of, so I'm actually helping give meaning to their lives.

So in advance, they're welcome.

From the BBR article linked above...

The Panthers are acting with some urgency to make these moves, not just because they’d fill a couple holes, but neither Oher nor Ginn would count as free agents who factor into possible compensatory picks.

I would not have thought of that.

Amazing the amount of detail involved in stuff like this.

Archived