• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Sign Michael Oher

Mr. Scot

I thought the offseason was about hope. What is the benefit personally of hating a move? You get to be the first person to say it's awful? Who cares. It seems to me the healthier perspective is to look at the potential upside and be hopeful.

To instantly look at the negative gains you nothing more than absurd bragging rights.

If the idea is that you genuinely hate the signing and want to educate the fans as to why then try being more educational and less salty. Tone goes a long way.

• Pie 1

nope, you dont have to agree with a signing. But people dont have to trash a guy that hasnt played a down for carolina yet. he has a history of injury but seems to be resolved now. give him a chance to prove it. Everyone likes to criticize the panthers FO from their couches. If you can do better, go apply for a job with the panthers. Also its not like their is a crazy amount of all pro LT's carolina can afford on the market right now. it remains to be seen if Oher is for depth, will be RT or LT. Let the offseason play out first.

To be fair, I make a lot more money than anyone who works for the panthers outside of maybe gettleman and the players.

But yah he sucks. No real way around it. Literally anyone else would have been better

you're thinking too negative. Look at it like this: the other day my friends wanted to see Jupiter Rising. I checked some reviews and the reviews all said the movie sucked and was a total bomb. However, i decided to go anyway because it's nice going to a movie when i think it's going to suck, because I'm never going to be displeased. On the other hand, i hate when i think a movie is going to be great, because it sucks when it isn't (like what happened to me for "I Robot")

Same with Oher. If you think he's going to suck, you won't be displeased with him as a Panther. If you think he's going to be great, you're setting yourself up to be displeased with him as a Panther

I Robot was awesome I don't know W F'N movie you saw..

I just can't stand "fans" like him who'd rather see the team struggle and be right than see the team succeed and be wrong. Hell, I relish being wrong when it's in the team's best interest.

I was pissed when we drafted Kuechly.

Not at all ashamed to say I'm glad I was absolutely wrong on that one.

I was pissed when we drafted Kuechly.

Not at all ashamed to say I'm glad I was absolutely wrong on that one.

Me too.  I wanted Dontari Poe, Michael Brockers, or Stephon Gilmore in that draft.  All three were still on the board.

Same thing with Jon Beason.  I wanted Brandon Meriweather or Greg Olsen.  Funny how that one ended up working out.

Hell, we almost never drafted the guy I wanted until Gettleman came along.  Star (obviously) and KB were the guys I wanted.

Edited by LinvilleGorge
  • Pie 1

Should have made me a mod instead of Montsta. Gj would have been banned 10 pages ago with all that spam

He's kind of pissing in everyone's Cheerios that's for sure, but I was told in the mod locker room not to mod people just for being assholes.

He's definitely walking the spam line though with 10 pages of negative Michael Oher tweets...