• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans will release WR Andre Johnson today

Car123

I would be more interested in Moore at this point than Johnson. Whatever happens I doubt we sign more than one guy. We know Dave is not allowed to cut Bersin.

then I have to re think my opinion of the gman , I thought he did stuff on his own, I thought he was his own man.

Anyone who wouldn't love to have Andre Johnson on a team friendly 2-3 year deal is insane.  Yeah, he's 33 years old, but the guy can still play.  Our #2 WR is Jerricho Cotchery right now.  Jerricho fuging Cotchery.

Give me KB, AJ, draft pick, Ginn, and Brown and we rollin'!

People talking about age. lmfao. He is still a top receiver in the league and would be a perfect stop gap.

Even with really terrible quarterbacks last year (Ryan "Checkdown" Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum, Ryan Mallet, and Tom "Who?" Savage) and being #2 to DeAndre Hopkins, he still had 85 catches, 936 yards, and 3 TDs in 15 games played. He'd be an amazing fit here and compliment to KB.

Johnson wants to play for a ring.  As such, I just don't know that he'd want to come here.  That is just one reality that the Huddle should consider.

I'm not sure why people keep saying this as if we have no shot to compete for a Super Bowl.  IMO, we're an OL and a #2 WR away from being able to do that.  Andre Johnson would be a big piece to that puzzle.

I'm not sure why people keep saying this as if we have no shot to compete for a Super Bowl.  IMO, we're an OL and a #2 WR away from being able to do that.  Andre Johnson would be a big piece to that puzzle.

Not to mention one of our key NFC West rivals (San Francisco) is imploding and the rest of the NFC South is in shambles.

That's the way Panthers fans likely see it.  Others may not see it that way.

When you look at this list, there are a few teams that are likely perceived to be closer than we are

Archived