• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boykin to Visit per Rapoport

NYPantherFan

Then we better draft one.. Gettlemen said he was going to give Cam more weapons this off-season instead of leaving him high and dry like last season. . We will see what he does. .

I'm okay with drafting a player but we have two big and paid receiving threats (KB and Olsen) a good RB in Stew, a potential change of pace back in Fizzy, a average 2nd TE, a good FB/RB in Tolbert. What more can we give him? What we need is our talent to develop on the line (Turner and Norwell) and get a decent to good Tackle.

Well you keep that mindstate and see how much it helps...

People keep clowning the Niners and Colts for surrounding their qbs with talent, saying, "well look how well it worked for them."

Yeah, let's do. How many championship games have we played in the last three years? How many have they?

Exactly.

The reason our ass got booted out of the playoffs the last two seasons was because they signed and drafted offensive talent, while we signed and drafted "young hungry guys who are eager to start," who usually lacked talent.

The reason we lost to San Francisco and Seattle was because we had no offense. There was no one to spread the field. We have no speed or separation. They did.

Young, hungry guys that come dirt cheap may pan out for you 1 out of 100 times, but 99 times their dropping passes and muffing punts.

This is the thing I don't understand about the Huddle.

The same people that are now fine with staying put or making lateral offensive moves will be the SAME posters screaming the loudest when we cannot muster up 17 points on a good or mediocre defense. 

The SAME exact posters.

It's fine to like GMan's philosophy but don't cry come September when the Panthers need to win games 10-7.

A (likely) Packer fan on PFT commenting on Boykin's performance last year.

He was just awful last season. He couldn’t get open and when he did he dropped the ball more than he caught it. Than in the locker room he refused to talk to reporters all year and encouraged others to boycott the media as well, even interrupting interviews to tell teammates to stop talking. When he was on the field it’s like the offense was playing with only 10 guys.

The Colts and 49ers have as many super bowl wins as we have had since we have drafted Cam. The colts keep throwing poo against the wall for offense to see if it sticks, yet can't get past having an awful defense. The 49ers have literally imploded this year. They have a HC who played in Salisbury NC, have thrown multiple draft picks at WR (who aren't there any more) and lost three RB's this past year they have drafted (Gore, and the kid from SC and Oregon). Let's watch their sustained success the next few years

Well, it's obvious the Niners are going to take a step back this year, but I'm referring to the last three years... The difference in success is obvious, PB. And the reason is too. Yes, those teams have their flaws, but the truth is, they have had better and sustained success compared to us. They have went further in the playoffs than us and the Niners reached the supercool and multiple nfccgs.

It's because we keep dumpster diving and they wisely pick their spots and add talent where it's needed, with the priority being around their QB.

My gripe with this, is the the quality of the player and the timing of it.

Could be he is strictly viewed as a ST ace, but again, those guys are usually available well after the draft. It's just a headscratcher.

This is the thing I don't understand about the Huddle.

The same people that are now fine with staying put or making lateral offensive moves will be the SAME posters screaming the loudest when we cannot muster up 17 points on a good or mediocre defense.

The SAME exact posters.

It's fine to like GMan's philosophy but don't cry come September when the Panthers need to win games 10-7.

Watching the "it's just March!" Crowd predictably start to sweat come July is one of the most revealing moments of the Huddle year.

From Voth's latest...

Again, a ‘dollar store’ signing is hardly what fans envisioned when Gettleman said the Panthers “may be able to step up in class a little bit” back in January. But the sense is they’re happy with what they did before free agency kicked off Tuesday, they’re hopeful about the upcoming draft, and they aren’t currently planning to be in the market for even second-tier guys like Cecil Shorts orMichael Crabtree.

Now, that I don't agree with. 

Everyone was ecstatic about Tiquan Underwood, but they won't give this guy the light of day. Smfh

Underwood filled a need, brother.  He was somewhat of a speed guy.   We needed some speed in our WR corp.  Even if he didn't make it,  he still fit into a void we were lacking in.

From Voth's latest...

Again, a ‘dollar store’ signing is hardly what fans envisioned when Gettleman said the Panthers “may be able to step up in class a little bit” back in January. But the sense is they’re happy with what they did before free agency kicked off Tuesday, they’re hopeful about the upcoming draft, and they aren’t currently planning to be in the market for even second-tier guys like Cecil Shorts orMichael Crabtree.

Now, that I don't agree with.

This team doesn't deserve this fanbase.

Cam is not resigning hear, if he was deal would have already been done. Everyone else his draft year has their deals.

Come on man...let's not get carried away...

Cam is not signed for the same reason AJ Green is not signed; Jones; or a lot of the first rounders who are not already cut from their team...

They have been tagged and there is little incentive to now work on a deal...

Those rules do not apply to the non-first rounders...

Underwood filled a need, brother. He was somewhat of a speed guy. We needed some speed in our WR corp. Even if he didn't make it, he still fit into a void we were lacking in.

I can agree, but my point is that people shouldn't really care as long as we take a look at someone. It never hurts to interview someone.

Archived