• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Randy Starks Released

ncguy2184

Dolphins released DT Randy Starks.

The move wipes Starks' $5 million salary off the books. The Fins apparently couldn't justify keeping Starks after making Ndamukong Suh the highest player on their roster. While Starks remains a disruptive pass rusher at age 31, his run defense took a major step back in 2014. Starks isn't an every-down player anymore, but should still be able to contribute in a rotation.

I don't know about yall but I think starks would be great in rotation here.

I would prefer we not hold onto aging players just because they've been here as we are apparently doing, it's never been a real formula for success. That said, Starks likely wants to go somewhere he'll start.

Nothing wrong with having two young studs, and a couple of aging players in a rotational role.

Dolphins released DT Randy Starks.

The move wipes Starks' $5 million salary off the books. The Fins apparently couldn't justify keeping Starks after making Ndamukong Suh the highest player on their roster. While Starks remains a disruptive pass rusher at age 31, his run defense took a major step back in 2014. Starks isn't an every-down player anymore, but should still be able to contribute in a rotation.

I don't know about yall but I think starks would be great in rotation here.

Sure we don't have the money to go out and get Cam some weapons but we have the money to go and get someone at a position that we are already stacked at?

Starks isn't exactly a sophomore year guy either, he's just better than what we have there.

Better than Cole/Edwards?  Probably, but I wouldn't think it's significant enough to matter much, and I don't expect our aged DT's to be around much longer than this season.

Archived