• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Gettleman is a GM... and you aren't.

Jeremy Igo

Ok... he's proven to you that he's a mediocre GM... but who the fug are you?

A mediocre whiner.

It's funny. We frequently joke on here about stupid people thinking that jut because they win at Madden, they could actually run an NFL team. And yet as many times as that joke's been made, here you have a guy come right out and say it.

Unbelievable :wacko:

It appears the only way we are going to get better this year is through the draft and player development. I get it but would have liked to see us get better on the OL, WR, and safety.

We actually signed one of the best OT's in this year's FA.....sad as that is

We actually signed one of the best OT's in this year's FA.....sad as that is

Not really. Just the one that Gettleman thought that we could afford.  With a little coaching up, perhaps your statement will be true at some point in the future.

Not really. Just the one that Gettleman thought that we could afford. With a little coaching up, perhaps your statement will be true at some point in the future.

Parnell was the only other guy out there and he is not worth anywhere near what he got paid.

Parnell was the only other guy out there and he is not worth anywhere near what he got paid.

I guess it depends if you're looking at primarily LT. But even still, all these guys at least made it to the tampering period: Buluga, Free, Parnell, Stingily, & Long (who was cut) are just a few that I know about that may have been a more solid option.

You would step between Cam's truck and his "haters". Is your bias righteous?

I'm not biased when it comes to Cam. My close friends will tell you that. I don't know if Cam is our answer or not because we haven't put the necessary talent around him to evaluate him properly. If Bersin isn't the #1 option in a playoff game does Cam complete that throw and lead a comeback? Maybe a Super Bowl? Who knows. I do know he isnt interested in signing an extension at this point and it has a lot to do with what you guys call my "bitching". Same reason Andrew Luck refused to play here, and now he's surrounded by talented players AND talented coaches.

I've said this bdeore in another thread but uh

- Your franchise QB was playing hurt most of the season.

- Your oline din't have any real set pieces and gelled until the last 5 weeks. Same for your DBs.

- One of your starting pass rushers was playing hurt most of the season, the other was suspended for all but one game

- Your starting HB was hurt and didn't get healthy until late, and even before that he was running behind aforementioned terrible O-line.

We have weaknesses, yes, and we're going to adress them. You seem to think that Gettleman is ignoring them for funsies because he's not breaking the bank on these top flight WRs and is waiting for the market to cool down a bit...you know...like Most GMs Do.

I'm not trying to be rude, but you literally just stated four excuses.  If we finish with a bad record, Rivera would've got fired.  In a nut shell, excuses get you nowhere in a league like the NFL.  Just FYI.  

Archived