• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The reason Cam isn't in a hurry to sign a contract

GoobyPls

Cam has two 1,000 receivers and a1,000 back. All he really needs is an oline and no...he really is wanting until the market sets. I think he should get less than Wilson and Luck but not much less.

Did the league make a rule that you're only allowed 2 reliable pass catching options in the passing game..

WHAT? name 5 other teams with a worst WR core. Ginn whose our second best receiver couldn't beat a rookie to play the slot., that speaks volumes to where are talent level is at.

I would go with Vikings, Rams, Seattle, Raiders, Philly, Titans, Ravens?

Although the Seahawks recently tried to upgrade that unit with Harvin...

But yeah, the Panthers WRs core is easily a bottom 10 group...And we of course is lead by a late 1st round rookie...

But not quite bottom 5.

Texans last year was better, if Josh Gordon is on the field the Browns are better, Ravens were better.

I'm talking about right now not last year. Josh Gordon I believe is going to be suspended for a few games and hasn't shown he can stay out of trouble. Texans just have one good WR and Ravens just have Steve smith.

Texans no, KC no, Vikings no ( we're making threads about Patterson LMAO), Rams no

The leaves the raiders who are in complete rebuilding mode, the Seahawks who have the best running game and better line, and the Ravens who are bound to do something sooner or later like they always do, cause that's what SB winnings teams do they build through the draft and free agency

Vikings have a oft injured Greg Jennings as Thierry number one WR and Patterson can't learn the playbook. chiefs just had one WR last year and this year we have at least equal to the vikes and KC considering we have a 1,000 yd receiver. Rams have Britt and he didn't even have 1,000 yards, austin and quick have not lived up to expectations.

Browns have josh Gordon but he hasn't even been able to stay on the field and is probably out of shape and will take time to come back to form.

I know this probably doesn't mean a whole lot to some. But....Gman has only been on the job for two years.

Last year he had zero money. But to some, that is an excuse not a reality.

This year, he has a little money. But to some, he is waiting too damm long to spend it.

Yeah, that Gman character better get his act together pretty quick. I mean, hellz, he has had two years already.

Oh, and this year has barely even started. He hasn't had a chance to do much yet.

Everyone should know we weren't going to sign any week one FAs. Got to wait for the market to settle. That does not necessarily mean we aren't going to make a deal. Just means we have to wait for the players we CAN afford.

But, I guess that is another excuse, not a reality.

I know this probably doesn't mean a whole lot to some. But....Gman has only been on the job for two years.

Last year he had zero money. But to some, that is an excuse not a reality.

This year, he has a little money. But to some, he is waiting too damm long to spend it.

Yeah, that Gman character better get his act together pretty quick. I mean, hellz, he has had two years already.

And nothing to show for it!

Well, except back to back division championships, two straight playoff appearances, two straight finishes in the top eight of the league, the best two year stretch of drafting this team has ever seen, steadily improving cap space and a team atmosphere that visiting free agents have called great.

So I guess if you like those sorts of things... :unsure:

And nothing to show for it!

Well, except back to back division championships, two straight playoff appearances, two straight finishes in the top eight of the league, the best two year stretch of drafting this team has ever seen, steadily improving cap space and a team atmosphere that visiting free agents have called great.

So I guess if you like those sorts of things... :unsure:

IF I really thought we had some money to spend, and weren't. I might look at it differently. The fact that Gman has had no money, I think goes a long way in saying he is doing a pretty damm good job.

But then again, I ain't 15. So my patient level is a tad higher. I like where we are heading. Have been for a few years now. My giddy has been up for a while. And I can live with that.

IF I really thought we had some money to spend, and weren't. I might look at it differently. The fact that Gman has had no money, I think goes a long way in saying he is doing a pretty damm good job.

But then again, I ain't 15. So my patient level is a tad higher. I like where we are heading. Have been for a few years now. My giddy has been up for a while. And I can live with that.

Pretty much.

There have been moves I haven't ultimately liked (tagging Hardy being the biggest, extending Rivera being another) but when you look at the level of success we've had - especially when compared to the rest of the team's history - and where we are now vs where we were when he got here. It's pretty easy to feel positive.

Pretty much.

There have been moves I haven't ultimately liked (tagging Hardy being the biggest, extending Rivera being another) but when you look at the level of success we've had - especially when compared to the rest of the team's history - and where we are now vs where we were when he got here. It's pretty easy to feel positive.

I mean it is one thing to be impatient. That is a fans right.

It's those folks who disregard the fact we have no money. Then say the reason we don't spend what we don't have, is because we strive to be mediocre.

How do you argue with folks who actually believe Gman and JR don't want to win?

Archived